Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ask A Gay...The Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: gays, lesbian, lgbt, homosexual, transgender 

Reply Ask a Gay!
So I went to my first gay pride event...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faint old rhyme
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:26 pm
Not a parade or anything - it was the SundayOUT in Philadelphia; their website calls it a "street festival".

It was...weird. I mean, as guys go I'm not exactly the super-masculine type, but this was just way too gay/"out and proud" for me. It was interesting, and the people were cool, but...idk. Not quite my scene. I probably won't go to another one. Also I got hit on by strangers and that was uncomfortable confused

Have yall ever been to any gay pride stuff? What was it like?  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:13 pm
I've been to some, I usually like them actually because it's just like a big party for me. But it always is more fun when you have friends coming with you.
The ones I've been to have been pride events and marches. I like the more politically-motivated events because they're really inspiring and you're going there for a cause, whereas at a pride event you're either going with friends to have fun or to get laid.  

The_Meow_Machine
Crew

xLoveLovex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:22 pm
Portland has a HUGE gay pride festival and I go every year because I get TONS of free stuff and also I really like getting hit on by cute dikes ^^ I understand if its not really your scene though...some people just can't get used to it. I really liked the drag race though xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:07 pm
I went to Pride is Columbus Ohio and it was pretty cool. It got really boring after a little bit but there was lots of eye candy.
I like pride but I don't like all the drinking and smoking and sex because i'm dedicated to straight edge so I abstain from all those things. But despite that, its a good way to meet other gay people and possibly a date whether you're looking for one or not, lol. It can also be a good way to find out what kinds of things may being going on in your community so I like that.

But rallies are more my thing, marching for a good cause gives me such a huge rush.
Pride is fun and all but give me something a little more meaningful.

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Poppycawk
Crew

Clean Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:18 pm
Gay people en masse make me feel uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:53 am
Poppycawk
Gay people en masse make me feel uncomfortable.

Hah. This basically sums it up.

faint old rhyme
Crew

Ask a Gay!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas