Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 4:: Topic: Water.
Raising awareness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this right, do you feel the same way?
  Yes
  No
  I dunno
  :<
View Results

Chayce West

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:28 pm
I'll begin by saying this is a topic I feel strongly about. I'm going to show you guys the ropes first, then we'll be up for 'general discussion'.

Over the past week, I've seen Avatar again (great movie by the way wink and Tarzan (Disney, yeah I know rolleyes but it was good). They've both affected me very much. Now before you guys say, "oh my god, more sappy bullshit' I've got to explain myself.

I've always been wary about not wasting resources, and trying to conserve energy and all that jazz, but it's only been these past few days that I realize its importance. But what annoys me are the people that just don't get it.

Take the oil spills in Louisiana. What the hell are they doing? Bullshit. They're just mucking around saying 'oh, if we dig wells it could stop them, but that'll take months. oh well'. I'm sure the Coast Guard and all the workers are trying their hardest, but it isn't a top priority for them. What they don't realize is that a couple thousand gallons of oil can damage the Gulf ecosystem, which affects the European shore, the Atlantic coast, as well as the South American. But wait, as long as we're here driving our cars, and living our lives, who gives a rat's a** what happens to some manatee, or some dolphin. Less s**t to pollute our oceans with anyway.

However, I believe they're wrong. They're not anyone's oceans--that is, any human being's. Sure, one could argue that humans are the intended inhabitants of earth, but I believe what was here millions of years before us ought to stay. They should be allowed to live their lives too. It's not our earth in the first place, but we come in, pollute it, and then try to drive the original inhabitants--the pests--out. Is that really right?

So, what I want to know, am I just being a tree hugger, the devil's advocate or am I right in believing that? And what're your opinions on this? I want to know...haha.

Please respect everyone's opinions, even if you strongly disagree with them. It never hurt to speak your mind.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:07 am
I would have to agree with you. And quite adamantly, in fact. I would reiterate, but this whole thing has me a little wound. So I will just agree today.

Ah, hell. Why not. burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes  

Metal Wallflower

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:20 am

I completely agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and if our opinions make us hippies, then let us be hippies, whoever said it was a bad thing? Is it so bad that we care about Earth enough to do something? Why must we be criticized for caring about the Earth and wanting to help? Is that such a bad thing that we must be isolated from society all together?

4:: Topic: Water.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games