Welcome to Gaia! ::

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Back to Guilds

Guild to teach, learn or talk about japanese language and culture 

Tags: Anime, Contest, Japanese, Giveaway, Free 

Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Uhm, I think I have something that might help you.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mapthesouI

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:08 pm
I recently made a blog called: http://iteachyoujapanese.blogspot.com/

I guess I am a bit fluent in the language. sweatdrop

But, please, if you have the time then please visit my website, I post a new word in Japanese everyday with definitions, sentence usage, and how to write it in kana.

I will even post some grammar lessons if you would like! But please note that i just started this blog so there isn't much there at the moment, but I promise to keep posting! ^^

Thank you if you did visit the website!

(And also, please give me some constructive criticism on it please!)  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:05 pm
I like your website so I became a follower. Make sure you make more posts consistently. Good luck. ^^  

InsomniacNightlight

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mapthesouI

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:19 pm
My Darling Paramour
I like your website so I became a follower. Make sure you make more posts consistently. Good luck. ^^
I'll promise to post everyday! ^3 ^  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:32 pm
Quote:
あお. Today's word is: ao. Ao means blue. It is pronounced as if you were saying "ow". I apologize, for I don't have much time today to write a good post.

Please note, I'm terrible at Japanese. But I thought that the word for blue is あおい. Is this just an abreviation? Ha.
But I like this. smile I'm going to have to follow this.

Il Bambino

Fiery Hot Stud

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:05 pm
Il Bambino
Quote:
あお. Today's word is: ao. Ao means blue. It is pronounced as if you were saying "ow". I apologize, for I don't have much time today to write a good post.

Please note, I'm terrible at Japanese. But I thought that the word for blue is あおい. Is this just an abreviation? Ha.
But I like this. smile I'm going to have to follow this.

i thought soo too. and i thought blue had an い instead of it being just あお  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:06 pm
You are all right actually! XD The difference is that one is a noun and the other is an adjective.

青(あお) is the kanji for blue (or green in hue), it can also be pronounced せい (onyomi; chinese reading) and is a noun.

青い(あおい) is the adjective for blue and as such is used to describe nouns. *^_^*

Hope that clears this matter up. *^_^*  

Ellembri
Crew

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

cansuaston100

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:02 am
thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:29 pm
Thank you for putting this up!
One thing that is interesting to me is you described Japanese l or r as being a "d" sound. I personally, no offence, don't think this is accurate.
The Japanese have a sound for "d." I was taught that the Japanese L/R sounded like an R with no air behind it. This means that instead of pronouncing it as RAH you should say almost sound like you are saying La. Like a short R. If you say the sequence ra ri ru re ro in Japanese, you should hear what I'm talking about.
This is the problem I have with people learning Japanese only online. you must hear the sound to truely understand how it is pronounced.
Sorry this is long. sweatdrop  

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Ellembri
Crew

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 pm
Not long at all Pearl and I completely agree with you. I think the major difference between the English and Japanese 'r' is that we classify it as a lateral (meaning our tongue is lateral in our mouth when we say it) mostly it is our lips helping to make the noise so pronounced. The Japanese 'r', however, is not lateral at all and it is the use of the tongue on the upper (hard) pallet making the noise.

Forgive me for my technical language but the linguist gets the best of my most times. XD  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games