Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Health and Fitness
Growing abs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extism

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:04 pm
uhm, yeah i feel stupid asking this, but how do you grow abs? gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 pm
You don’t grow abs.
Well, actually, you do... but I’m pretty sure mean sculpting them... as you should really already have your abdominal muscles inside of you...
You eat well.
You sleep well.
You work out.
You mix cardio and strength training.
You do crunches – they’re more effective than sit ups, and less strenous on your neck and back.
You stretch.
You should also probably have a professional help you out with it all, because you don’t want to hurt yourself. I don’t mean a PT (though it wouldn’t go amiss), but just a fitness test with either your doctor or a trainer at your local gym, though, the latter might require you to actually join said gym...
Everyone’s different, but being healthy overall should kick start you.

A lot of other stuff comes before abs.

diffun

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 pm
I could never get my abs in shape...but im finding they are coming back now that i am doing derby ^_^;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 pm
i just know stuff about getting into shape... doesn't mean i am.
xD
i research, i don't do stuff.
xD
i keep meaning to though!

and derby would do it!
i have a friend who does derby, and she says all the chicks, despite the bruises, having amazing bodies... and i wouldn't be surprised, I’m pretty sure it works every muscle imaginable.
xD

diffun

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:05 am
ghetto trash
i just know stuff about getting into shape... doesn't mean i am.
xD
i research, i don't do stuff.
xD
i keep meaning to though!

and derby would do it!
i have a friend who does derby, and she says all the chicks, despite the bruises, having amazing bodies... and i wouldn't be surprised, I’m pretty sure it works every muscle imaginable.
xD

Yeah it really works the core muscles and your thighs (arms aswell cause our coach is a nazi with push-ups)

And yeah most (that have been doing it for a while) do...im not there yet though xD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:06 am
I'm an ab freakazoid. Although I'm like a twig, so if flex you feel the abs, cause I have little to no fat on my body. . . but I want more definition, ya know? Cardio and working out the abs will do it.

Silly question, how do you stretch out the abs again? I . . . . kinda forgot. >o<

Lady Pelvic

Health and Fitness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff