Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
When life sucks, there's always something to cheer you up...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is a...
  Poll.
View Results

Reverend Havok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:36 pm
At least, that's the way it seemed for me.

Today, I'm pretty sure I lost my Prom date. In order to take her, I had to meet her father in person, and ask for permission to take her. She had already bought a dress a few days after I asked her. When she called after school today, asking if I could go to her house to meet him, he apparently totally flipped, and told her she couldn't go. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. She's going to try and talk some sense into him, but it's not looking good.

On the upside, I also found out today that a band that I got into a few months ago (Amber Pacific, for those who care) is playing a local show in the next town over, and a guy I know was the one that booked them. He put out a status on Myspace about getting in for free, which I instantly replied to.

While I haven't completely signed on yet, he told me that if I could sell 10 pre-sale tickets and hand out a ton of fliers, I could get in for free, and get a signed tour flier.

Granted, while my Prom situation is looking really bleak, getting to see an awesome band for free is making me feel a little better.

Cheer me up, Suites?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 pm
I'd post boob pics, but that annoying ToS thing is in the way ):  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Reverend Havok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:25 am
Don't let that stop you! DX

Or do, but c'mon! You have my email address. XD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 am
boobs definatly do make things better 3nodding

and thats pretty lame that her dad is going to stop her from going to the prom or atleast going with you since ya never know wtf the guy is thinkin  

wo_nyrmo

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am
If I have a daughter I am going to scare the s**t out of her Prom date, will pat him down for condoms and stuff like that for lulz.

Prom is really different here though, much less of a big thing. It does amaze me how much some people obey their parents though... I was never much of a rebel but I would definitely ignore my parents if they said I couldn't go to the prom with who I wanted. Your the one who has to live your life.
Can't really tell your potential date to nut up or shut up though xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:08 pm
Well, I'm starting to wonder what would happen if I called the man myself to ask what happened. Obviously, I'd do it carefully, and really...what could it hurt?

@Scrub: Oh lord, I feel sorry for that poor boy. XD

Well, the worst part is, the guy doesn't even know who I am. I never got a chance to meet him, talk to him, or even see what he looks like, for that matter...

Reverend Havok

Roake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:44 am
scrub
If I have a daughter I am going to scare the s**t out of her Prom date, will pat him down for condoms and stuff like that for lulz.

Prom is really different here though, much less of a big thing. It does amaze me how much some people obey their parents though... I was never much of a rebel but I would definitely ignore my parents if they said I couldn't go to the prom with who I wanted. Your the one who has to live your life.
Can't really tell your potential date to nut up or shut up though xd

Ikr. 8D

I've always been like, meeeeeh. :C I'm doing it anyway.

Mishka  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:23 am
I bet her dad will warm up to the idea. I dun know why he would be so opposed to her daughter going to prom. ._.  

Myhrie

Wheezing Wench

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:09 pm
My friend Claire took me to her formal because her boyfriends parents wouldn't let him go. I thought that was complete bullshit, it's not a good idea to go out of your way to create animosity between you and your parents, but it's justifiable to ignore them when they try to forbid you from doing something reasonable.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:19 pm
I tend to think if you treat your children like babies they'll go ahead and prove you right by doing something childish. IE: sneaking out. If you treat your children like adults they will tend to take the best course of action. At least, that's how it has worked in every situation I have seen. C:

I hope you get to go to "prom" with your date. That would be pretty awesome. C:  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items