Other
View Results

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:59 pm
So I'm heading to college this fall. And today, my dad surprised me with an awesome coupon for an HP Laptop!! I was going to be waiting until August to buy one, but instead I got it today!!! It's an HP Pavilion Dv4 2167sb and it's so pretty.

Things to discuss:

Computer problems
Laptop models
Laptop experiences
College and laptops
How awesome getting a new computer is when you really need one
Your first laptop/computer!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:33 pm
Whenever college decides whether to accept me or not, my father said I could get a Dell Latitude from him for $300. I was going to get a notebook but he told me the screens break way too easily on those and with my track record it wouldn't last me long. So with this one it has a steel frame around the screen and my favourite part of it.... A FULL KEYBOARD! None of this short key bullshit! I hate hitting the wrong keys then going to hit the backspace one and hitting MORE WRONG KEYS! or the enter button.... oooh I hate that enter button!

Glad you have a laptop that you like though ^_^  

God-Raped-Me

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 pm
Funny thing you made this thread NOW... I have been in college for a while (Online classes of course. ^_^ ) and the desktop computer that I was using had SO many problems... Its internet security was outdated, the sound card was shot, and on top of that, it was SLOW.

The last nail in the coffin happened about 5 days ago, when I turned off my computer there was a whining alarm that sounded and I thought it was REALLY weird so I disconnected the power. When I plugged it back in, BEFORE I even turned the thing on, the whine started up again, and I smelled smoke. eek

So instead of trying to figure out what was wrong with the thing, I ended up spending my paycheck to buy a new computer. It's a 2GM Memory, 320GB Hard Drive AMD Athlon Processor PC from eMachines. It's a compact little thing and works fine for doing my schoolwork.

However, it seems like Windows 7 does NOT support the internet router that I was using with my other PC... gonk I'll figure something out.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 am
My new laptop has an Intel i3 processor with 4GM of ram, a 320GB hard drive, and I believe an Intel graphics card. The only gaming I'm going to be doing on it is Sims 3 so getting the top class graphics card wasn't a necessity for me.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 am
Ewwww.... Intel graphics card. Before I saved enough money for my desktop, I played Counter-Strike on my laptop with an average of ten frames per second, due to the Intel graphics card. As a result though, I have been appreciating console games better than the average person. I'm probably a better player because of it too. :3

10 fps gamers unite!  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:15 pm
HOOYA, NEW LAPTOP!!!

I just got a new laptop 2 days ago. HP Pavilion dv7-3162nr Entertainment Notebook. Yes, i bought it for gaming and to go online which I am currently using at the moment.

*raises hand and makes a fist* On a sidenote, I am Prinniesdood. And yes, apparently, I'm still alive and kicking it.

HOOYA, NO MORE CANCER FOR PRINNIESDOOD!!!  

Prinniesdood

3,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:44 pm
Computer problems