Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Toothless for Lychee! (Art!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Poll
  Dragon Art
View Results

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:50 pm
Here you go Lychee!
I drew you Toothless since you said you're not very good at animals.
Don't know why you think that since I've seen you draw animals once before you...
I don't think I did that bad of a job, considering I haven't drawn anything dragon-like since middle school.
Toothless sketch  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm
I really want to know, is the movie good, because I seriously cannot tell from the trailers.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm
Ha, I haven't seen it.
I just drew it from what I've seen other people do...
>>;;  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:17 am
Thank youuuuu~! heart

yaoinut
I really want to know, is the movie good, because I seriously cannot tell from the trailers.

Everyone I'd heard from said it was adorable, and warned me that it had one or two cringeworthy "kid movie" scenes. I went to see it, and only noticed two dorky lines, right at the end - and it was the end, so I could forgive them. There are some plot twists that just scream "I'M A MOVIE PLOT TWIST! YOU HAVE SEEN ME IN EVERY SINGLE MOVIE!" And still, they were acceptable. Beyond that, it's SO beautifully animated. I swear to god, the nature, the water, all of it looked real. The characters were amusing, the interaction between Hiccup and Toothless was cute, and there were a few unexpected things that made me quite happy to see. ^^

Love the music, loved the plot, loved everyone's acting.... Great all around! <3  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Cinnamon_Digory

350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:46 pm
dawwws... so CUTTTTEEE heart heart heart heart heart heart

the movie is awesome and made my top 20 of all time (this is MY opinion though)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:49 pm
I'll probably have to wait for the DVD, since I'm kinda busy saving at the moment, but I'll check it out.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

[ s e m p e r ]

Distinct Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 am
nice sketch biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 am
OMG TOOTHLESS!!!!!!!! My sister and I watched it TWICE! And we're planning on watching it again! It's so adorable! It's best to wait and buy the dvd so that you can jump around while watching it because Toothless's so effen adorable! SooOoo cute! Oh if any of you know a site where we can buy some Toothless collection can you please tell me? Because we want to buy things with Toothless in it! Like maybe pillows and all that!  

moniechu

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:04 pm
Well, I guess its settled then, I will buy the DVD =3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:59 pm
I actually thought the ending was pretty great with SPOILERWARNINGSPOILERWARNINGSPOILERWARNING text in white here -->> the fact that he lost his friggen leg. Usually kid movies don't do gross disfigurement. Sure, it was mostly implied, and at the end, he just had a piece of metal instead, but usually, kids survive anything without issue. <-- text in white SPOILERWARNINGSPOILERWARNINGSPOILERWARNING.

So yeah. o:

And I've stopped counting most of the "plot twists" as "plot twists" when they're this expectable.

I thought the look on the dad's face was adorable in about the middle, though, when he's talking to his son.  

Maze

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm
I actually heard about the ending, from my favourite bum reviewer, and I actually think it sounds pretty epic too.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:55 pm
Ok that is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. <3  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash