Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elves on Bookshelves - The Bookcase for Friends of Fantasy

Back to Guilds

A literate guild for readers: We mainly discuss books, but feel free to share jokes and real life issues; we'll laugh and cry with you. 

Tags: contests & quests & advice for writers, faery games and medieval quizzes, original poetry, fan art and fiction, library of myths and legends, fun magic wizard, bookworm & bibliophile 

Reply Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!
ANY BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS?!?!?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NekoGirlYukiza13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:01 pm
Hey!!!! I really need something that I can read!!! I have started a series that isn't finished yet and the last book won't come out until next year!!! (It's Graceling & Fire that I read. So I'm waiting on Bitterblue.) It's driving me crazy!!! Right now I just started another series called "A Modern Day Faerytale." I finished the first book in just a few days and have yet to read the other two.(UPDATE!!! I HAVE finished the other two and they are AMAZING!!!) If you have any ideas of a good book/series please PLEASE tell me!!! I like fantasy fiction with a lot of action and sometimes a little romance. Like I said before I just need something that I can read!!! >^.^<  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:41 pm
The Seer and the Sword by Victoria Hanley is a great book. It's a three book series. I highly recommend it. Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber is the series that I'm reading. Its really good. Ive read to book four. It has six books so far. The seventh one comes out in May. My mother said to recommend Angels in the Attic by V.C. Andrews.

NekoGirlItzura

NekoGirlYukiza13

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:26 pm
Thanks a lot!!! I might have to borrow them from you this summer!!! >^.^< At least I hope to see you this summer. heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 pm
If you're still looking for things to read, I'd recommend the five book completed Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. It would have plenty of action, fantasy and fiction and just enough romance to be a perfect fit based on what you've described.

Also, if you don't mind historical fiction, and like reading letters, I've just finished reading something called, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peeled Pie by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It's an absolutely wonderful read. It's a single book, but one that I couldn't put down just because of it's good-natured fun tone. It leaves you quite satisfied.

If you don't mind getting hooked on another series, there is also the Witch & Wizard book by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonet that I managed to get brand new for Christmas, get hooked on it, and discover it "to be continued." The next book's scheduled to come out in October or December this year.  

Matelia legwll

NekoGirlYukiza13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:11 pm
Thanks bunches, Matelia!!! I'm really going to look into those. I hope my local library has them because they sound really interesting. >^.^<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Dark Visions by L.J Smith is really good, it's three books in one.
And the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.  

ShePotterGleek

2,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games