Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Need ideas for a project!! Warning! Sadness Included inside!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dans oubli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 pm
So I'm currently doing a mixed media project on a social issue. I need some ideas on what else I can add to my project. My subject is "Animal Abuse". Currently I'm going to partially sculpt part of the dog in addition with clay, and I'm going to paint it, while gluing pieces of paper with animal abuse stories around the dog. I'm kind of at a roadblock and can't think of what else to add, if I need to. The final board/easel thing (I can't think of the right word...) Is going to be smaller than the average sketchbook 8" by 11", So I can't add much other than what my sketch entails.

Here is the beginning sketch. As you can see it's not that detailed, but I will add details and colors on the final and practice. User Image

Any and all ideas will be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:32 am
Just a thought, if you have a dog of your own that's pretty easy going, you could paint his paws red and have him do little doggy foot prints, then add droplets of red to look like an injured dog walking across your project. That might be a little too disturbing but if we're tugging on heart threads it could work. You have a great idea going already though.  

Chinchillin Villain

Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff