Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Furry Critters Guild TFCG

Back to Guilds

This Guild is about Animals, You can Chat, Ask/Answer Questions, Role Play, Post Pics and lots more! 

Tags: Animals, Pets, Interests, Creatures, Chat 

Reply ~!~ The Furry Critters Guild TFCG ~!~
What should I do if my tomato frog isn't eating?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ii Chelsie ii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:03 am
Hi, my cousin has a tomato frog and since she got it, she hardley has seen him eat. I don't what to do. She drops crickets in his cage and he justs sits there and doesn't do anything. I'm also wondering do tomato frogs usually eat at night?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 am
how long has she had the frog?

whats the substrate?

humidity level?

what are the temps in the cage?

how are the temps measured?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

ii Chelsie ii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:39 pm
She's had the frog for a few weeks and I'll have to get back to you on that.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm
im just asking because with herps not eating could be caused by a crapload of things from stress from being in a new home, improper husbandy, boredom, and illness  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:10 pm
that's not goooddd D:  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:38 pm
Tell your friend to take it back to the store she got it from and ask for a refund if they cannot help. Frogs in captivity are not as strong as frogs from the wild; if you want a healthy frog that will live a long time try to buy from a reptile/exotic creatures expert.
I had frogs in high school, they never lived more than a year; that is considered typical for pet store frogs.  

Wickefisto

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm
Wickefisto
Tell your friend to take it back to the store she got it from and ask for a refund if they cannot help. Frogs in captivity are not as strong as frogs from the wild; if you want a healthy frog that will live a long time try to buy from a reptile/exotic creatures expert.
I had frogs in high school, they never lived more than a year; that is considered typical for pet store frogs.

a frog who recieves proper care since hatching and who was bred in captivity by a good breeder will be much healthier than anything caught in the wild.

the main issue is decent breeding and care. so often people dont give these animals proper care so they dont live too long

im not saying its your fault your frogs died, i dont know how you were caring for them, where they came from, or anything.  
~!~ The Furry Critters Guild TFCG ~!~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games