Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
I need help improving...Where to start?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- S p a r k l e Tits -

Man-Hungry Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Well, I am always looking of ways to improve my art. Before posting in a guild I am apart of, I'm going to ask the artist's corner! biggrin
Please, I really want to improve more.

My art
xXxXxX

Does anyone have any good tips on line-art?
Better ways of drawing?
Proportions?
Any better ways to draw chibis?
I know I have lots of things I need to improve on, but sometimes I am lost when it comes to "how do I improve?" and where to start
Oh, oh..And coloring! I really need help with that >__<

Help would be very appreciated!
Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:45 am
okay 1st off i notice your faces are kinda flat. you seem to be pretty good at shading them but there is just something lacking in its volume...ness. basically you don;t seem to understand the subtle plane changes the face makes when it transitions to the cheek and then to the ears. its most noticeable in the one called janka. right where the mouth chin area becomes the jaw. it just b-lines to the ear and we're let wondering where did the rest of her face go. i hope that didn't come off too mean or anything. but its something you should be very aware of.

and i don;t know what you mean about proportions? is there a particular question there. basically proportions rules the page. they define how things relate to one another and how realistic you want something to be. proportions can be a not so strict set of rules we follow to make something realistic or it can be a tool to be played with to explore our imaginations. i hope that kinda answers your question on proportions.

as for general improvement i highly suggest an anatomy for the artist book. in your various drawing you just kinda threw bones and muscles in how you thought they would be. the 2 that stand out are color sketch his pecs are not placed so correct... and his nipples are weirdly placed and there seems to be a total lack of deltoids. and lol waiter bunny's shoulder blades are much too low.his feet are too tiny and his knees might be a tad too pointy

i hate to break this to you but as for chibis you draw them just like you draw regular people. crazy right? not really. just as with non chibi people you follow a set of proportional rules. with chibis its really the same thing. except the measurements for the proportions get small(of course)i.e. normal man is about 7.5 heads high so head 4 is the hips. a chibi that is 4 heads high head 3 is the hips and so forth.

i have the same advice for line art and better ways of drawing. just to it as much as you can. practice as much as you can. not only do you have to practice your dexterity but you must practice the way you see things and learn how they relate not just to each other but they way you perceive it  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces