Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the rest of your life(full) Update Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starting level?
  Epic. (If you chose this one, I will hunt you down and throw 2d20 dirty dipers at you, 100d20 each. How is that for epic?)
  1 (Me loves you)
View Results

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:33 pm
I'll be honest, here. I'll try and be nice, but I'll white-text it for those who don't want to know what I'll say.

The rest of us have been playing by the rules. We didn't roll up characters from an off-site dice roller and then complain when we were told that we'd have to roll here. We didn't then roll here, and then decide to go against the rules and opt for point buy after all, though the DM was nice enough to allow that option after the fact. We didn't then just start drawing stuff out of books, and then complaining or arguing whenever we were told we'd have to actually follow the rules as written.

This is a cooperative game, but it works best when everyone is playing by the same rules. Had I been DMing... things would not be going this well at this point, and I'm a very permissive DM with a wide selection of books I let my players use. This isn't a question of whether or not the DM's understanding of the rules is right, which I'm more than willing to argue. This is a question of pushing your way past the rules out of stubbornness.

That said, I'm looking forward to getting to play my Firebender, and I imagine everyone else is looking forward to playing, too. If only the administrators of the guild were around to create a subforum so that we could get started.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Well, we've pretty much put all that behind us. Now that this argument is more or less resolved, let's, as you say, cooperate and try to salvage the game. I was looking for a compromise, sorry if I came off as stubborn.  

Slave Xaccheus

Grevus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Cannon, seeing how we are best friends and whatnot I believe I have special liberty to say this; you are stubborn. That and a little on the oafish side when it comes to some things.

My apologies to those whom I somehow irritated. In honesty, my character is a good deal deviant from my forte, which is close combat. In retrospect I like it about as much as you do, but, too late to change it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:25 pm
DM, any chance that, as a temporary convenience, you could collate the links and character lists to an early post in this thread, so that it's easier to reference the large cast of characters? It'd make it much easier to keep track of the races of the PCs, as well as genders and names.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:43 pm
Will work on that, Disciple.

Sorry, all. I was called away for the weekend. My brother needed help with his farm...More with moving the by product of feeding horses all winter. gonk Nothing smells right....

Any way, Bamaotaku said he would help us and get a Sub-folder for this game. So, hopefully no one needs my help anymore and we can continue with out a hitch.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:21 pm
Thanks very much for taking care of that for me. I'd forgotten who most of the PCs were, and was having trouble keeping them all together.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Grevus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm
I hate to sound obstinate but... Would you mind using the edited profile I made?

It could be worse. I effectively killed my sense of smell when I was little. Taste is unaffected but I can't really smell anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:54 pm
(Just a update on everyone's characters I will move this to the first page, or it's own page if we get the folder, when it is finished. I am still working on it I am just posting it cause my connection is acting weird today.)

Characters

1)
Username: Raganui
Name: Korac
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Sheet: Korac son of Gordas of the Tribe of the Claw.

2)
Username: Disciple of Sakura
Name: Vanhi
Class: Swordsage
Sheet: Vanhi, of the Fire Nation

3)
Username: Anatarei Crimsonthrone
Name: Eunike 'Sharty' Adamidis
Race: Gnome
Class: Psion
Sheet: Eunike Adamidis

4)
Username: The Jester of Equilibrium
Name: Thy'lis
Race: Grey Elf
Class: Conjurer/Arcivist
Sheet: Thy'lis

5)
Username: Rock_DS
Name: Var
Race: Gnome
Class: Cloistered Cleric/Devine Oricle
Sheet: Varcallad - Gnome Cloistered Cleric

6)
Username: MT the Clown
Name: Isaz Firn Frazil
Class: Sorcerer
Sheet: Isaz

7)
Username: Gamingguru
Name: Auhauha
Race: Buomman
Class: Monk/Paladin
Sheet:

8.)
Username: ipedo
Name: Tik`Tek`Tok
Race: Thri-Kreen
Class: Ranger
Sheet: Tik`Tek`Tok

9)
Username: Jacior
Name: Ententre Beoimin
Class: Rogue
Sheet: Ententre Beoimin

10)
Username:
Name:
Race:
Class:

11)
Username:
Name:
Race:
Class:

12)
Player Username: Eternality_Cannon

Character Name: Laucien Xiloscient
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Variant Druid
Level: 6th
Exp: 15,000

Hp: 26
AC: 17 (+2 Dex, +3 Wis, +1 Bonus, +1 Two-Weapon Defense)
Touch AC; 16
Flat-footed AC: 15
Speed: 40ft, 60ft (Unarmored)

Initiative modifier: +2

STR: 13
DEX: 14
CON: 13
INT: 13
WIS: 16
CHA: 12

Saves:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +4
Will: +8

Base Attack Bonus: +4

Grapple Modifier: +5

==============
Inventory :

Weapons: +2 Shortspear of Distance and Returning (1d6/X2 Piercing, 40ft, 3lb) X3
+1 Club of Thunder (1d6/X2 bludgeoning +1d8 sonic on a critical, Range 10ft, 3lb.) X2
Quarterstaff (1d6/1d6/X2, bludgeoning, 4lb).

Armor: N/A

Other:
Backpack with Waterskin, Rations 1/day, Bedroll, Sack, Flint & Steel, Holly & Mistletoe, Three Torches. Traveler's Outfit.

Gold: 9162

==============
Skills:
Concentration +5, Spellcraft +5, Intimidate +6, Craft (Weaving) +6, Spot +9, Listen +9, Swim +5, Jump +5, Climb +5, Tumble +6.

Languages:
Common, Elven, Druidic, Sylvan, Draconic

==============
Feats: Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-weapon Defense, Craft Wondrous Item.

==============
Special Abilities/Attacks/Qualities: Trackless Step, Woodland Stride, Favored Enemy (Aberrations) Whirling Frenzy 2/day, Fast Movement, Unarmored Speed Bonus. Favored Enemy (Undead) Wild Empathy (Druidic Avenger variant), Resist Nature's Lure, Nature Sense.

==============
Spells Prepared/Known: Can prepare/use five 0-level spells, three 1st-level spells, three 2nd-level spells, and two 3rd-level spells every day.

==============
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Obad-Hai
Size: Medium
Height: 6"7
Weight: 169
Description/Image: Laucian

Laucien Xinoscient, a unique individual in every sense of the word. Even among his own society of druids and home tribe, he is a being that splits the mold cleanly in half. Despite his feelings of not fitting in anywhere, Laucien seems to bear a smile that rarely leaves his face.

Laucien is the son of a human druid (his mother) and a wild elf barbarian (his father). Though he wasn't exactly abused or neglected, Laucien still felt a sense of being different, and thus, a sense of rejection from his comrades in the wild due to that difference. Even his connection to the natural world seemed abnormal, even if you tried to blend the druid and the barbarian classes together. He displayed neither the affinity for animals his mother had, nor the raw savagery of his father. His father initially feared he had fathered a weakling, and his mother feared that the boy would wind up rejecting his life altogether.

That changed when a predator entered the village and ran away with a toddler in tow. Laucien displayed unchecked primal fury that day mixed in with the cool, calculating precision of the predator he faced. The animal was beaten to the brink of death with a large club Laucien had simply ripped from a tree in a sudden burst of adrenaline and fury. The half-elf then returned to the village, scratched up severely, but triumphant.

Everyone was impressed with the boy, at least for the time being. On that day, Laucien's mother began training him as a druid, and his father trained him to harness his fury and use it as a weapon. This, combined with Laucien's unorthodoxy in the wild, ended up creating a new kind of adventurer entirely.

By the time he was 25, Laucien had become the best hunter in his tribe, as well as a passable druid in their society. He left his forest after he turned 26, and has been adventuring ever since then. He has yet to discover anything that has proven to be a great challenge. He is trying to obtain his next level so he can create a Bogun (detailed in Monster Manual 2) for use as a spy.

13)
Player Username: Grevus

Character Name: Milos Fletcher
Class: Battle Sorcerer (Animal Companion Variant)
Level: 6th
Exp: 15,000

Hp: 33
AC: 17 ( +2 Dex, +4 Chain Shirt, +1 Two-weapon Defense)
Touch AC; 12
Flat-footed AC: 15
Speed: 30ft

Initiative modifier: +2

STR: 14
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 13
WIS: 13
CHA: 13

Saves:
Fortitude: + 4
Reflex: +4
Will: +6

Base Attack Bonus: +3

Grapple Modifier: +5

==============
Inventory :

Weapons: Spiked Gauntlets (1d4/X2 Piercing, 1lb) X2
Musket (1d12/X3 piercing, 150ft, 10lb)
Handaxe (1d6/X3 slashing, 10lb) X2
Bayonet (1d6/X2 Piercing, 2lb) X2

Armor: Chain Shirt

Other:
Backpack with Waterskin, trail rations 1/day, bedroll, sack, flint and steel, Hooded Lantern, five pints of oil. Spell component pouch, Traveler's outfit, Bag with ten bullets

Powder Horn with 2 pounds of gunpowder.

Gold:

==============
Skills:
Intimidate +7, Concentration +8, Craft (Alchemy)+5, Knowedge (arcana) +4, Profession (Porter) +4, Spellcraft +4.
Languages:
Common, Draconic

==============
Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Defense, Point Blank Shot, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms)
==============
Special Abilities/Attacks/Qualities: Animal Companion, Spells.

==============
Spells Prepared/Known: 0-level: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue, Flare, Daze, Disrupt Undead. 1st-Level: Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, Color Spray. 2nd-Level: Summon Monster II. 3rd-Level: Hailstones.

==============
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Wee Jas
Size: Medium
Height: 6"7
Weight: 169
Description/Image: Milos

Mayfleet, Heavy Horse Animal Companion. CR 1, Large Animal. HD 5d8+3, hp 27, Init: +2, Spd: 50ft, AC 16 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +5 Natural.) Touch 11, Flat-footed 12, Base Atk: +4, Grp: +10, Space/Reach: 5 ft by 10 ft. Atk -1 Melee (1d6+1 hoof) Full Atk -1/-1 Melee (2 hooves 1d6+1) SA: -, SQ: Evasion, Link, Low-light Vision, Scent, share spells, two bonus tricks, AL: CN, SV Fort +5, Ref +5 Will +2, STR 17 DEX 14 CON 15 INT 2 WIS 12 CHA 6.

Skills/ Feats: Listen +4, Spot +4; Endurance, Run.

Evasion: If Mayfleet is subjected to an attack that normally allows a saving throw for half damage, he takes no damage if he makes a successful saving throw.

Link: Milos can handle his animal companion as a free action. He also gains a +4 circumstance bonus on all Handle Animal checks when regarding his animal companion.

Share Spells: Any spell Milos casts on himself also affects his animal companion if the latter is within five feet at the time. He can also cast a spell with the target of "you" on his animal companion.

Mayfleet

Milos Fletcher isn't the son of some aristocrat, or someone in a position of any sort of political power. He is an ex-military man from a small cell of Battle Sorcerers. After his unit was wiped out in a battle, Milos has been reported as dead, though his superiors are still looking for his "body."

Milos traces his ancestry back to a Silver Dragon, though the only indication of this is his sorcerous blood. He was raised by the mayor of a small town, which allowed him the money to study the arts of magic. However, Milos didn't click with this "book learning," eventually dropping out of the magic academy at age 18. This left him with a less-open range of careers to pursue afterwards.

Milos was enlisted in his nation's military. There, he was trained in the use of simple weaponry, as well as the Musket and Handaxe. Among his comrades in arms, Milos seemed to be the most combat-oriented, often using his weapons judiciously before following up with a spell and closing the distance for a melee fight.

Milos's war was scarier than he'd thought. As he fought furiously on the battlefield, he could hear his comrades being blown away left and right. Milos wonders to this day how he managed to steal a horse and run away after his unit was entirely decimated, leaving him as the sole survivor to tell their story.

After his desertion, Milos began adventuring on the back of his stolen horse, which he christened Mayfleet. At first, their relationship was mostly the same as any other horse and rider, but eventually, Milos felt a deep connection awaken between him and his equestrian companion. Milos took Mayfleet as an Animal Companion three years after his initial escape from the army.  

glitterboypilot

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 am
I know I have to update alot of stuff, so if it is post in this thread then nine times out of ten you have the okay to play. Don't wait on me, I have alot of things to take care of both in game and Real life. If I have questions then I will ask them, If i have a problem then I will get to it. Just don't wait on me to start posting.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm
Update on first page  

glitterboypilot

Grevus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm
Thanks.

Dang is it raining where I am! Hail as well. Ah, early Spring... I don't like it.  
Yurro rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-8)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm
Hey, looks like the Dm noticed my post some time ago, and has given me permission to join earlier this week. I'm nearly finished with my character, just getting final touches finished, and awaiting his approval of certain things. (along with info on where/when I can start) Till then, here are my rolls.

Starting gold: 2d4x10  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Yurro rolled 2 12-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-24)

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:55 pm
Pseudodragon 2HD hp: 2d12

Edit: Stupid, 1st is maxed.... sweatdrop  
Yurro rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:57 pm
1st level of Dragonfire adept: d8

After Con mod, that equals and effective 34 hp! (12+4)+(6+4)+(4+4)  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 pm
I do believe that I'm finished with my character sheet. I'm proud to announce Lorcán the self-proclaimed 'Great Wrym'.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff