Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
How the SCA saved my life and other stories.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Any stories?
  yeah
  nope
  *too busy oggling at yours*
View Results

Artemis12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:05 pm
hello, I just thought I should post some amazing SCA stories

How the SCA saved my life
My mom was giving birth to my little sister, Elizabeth. We needed to get a baby bag from the car, a 2002 dodge 1500. They asked me to go. I was on my way, when I saw somebody IN our truck. I crept up next to it, and peered inside. There was this guy, about 18, trying to hotwire the family car! Keep in mind, I had no sleep the night before, my little sister was being born, it was 3:am in the morning, and this jackass was trying to steal our car! I ripped open the door and yanked him out by his sleeve.

"Get out of our car!" I screamed. He got up.

He pulled out a 6 inch knife.

My life litterally flashed before my eyes. As he came towards me, I threw my arm over the side of the bed, hoping to climb over before he got to me. My hand touched something familliar. I swung it out, and slammed it into his head.

Oh.

It as my stepdads two handed (rottan) sword. I had my hand on the 'blade', which meant... That I just embedded the hilt in his head. He went down. Hard. He was still concious, though. as he fell, he flailed with the knife. I couldn't move fast enough and to this day, ther is a 4 inch scar on my leg. Then he was out cold.

The doctors say that it was lucky we were at a hospital or he would have died. After 3 months, and several lawsuites (some crap about "sufficient force"), it was over. I was 15.

The SCA saved my life! And I swear on it that this story is true.

Post your funny, amazing, drunk, or whatever stories here!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:59 am
Alright here's my story on how I met my significant other in an event (lol oh god here we go). It was a tourney and my (now my wife) and I were about to fight and so we do and she totally beat me down. I was like wow she can toss a mean sword. So feast time came and a few glasses of mead later I got round to talking with her and courting her and low and behold we ended up married. XD  

Myrath

Perrigrin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:16 pm
this is kinda boring but ive worked for the queen of caid twice and everry war i volenteer at least 24 hours by chasing cars for their tolkens  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:56 pm
The first time I picked up a rapier at a practice, I was put up against Sasha Gray (yes, the Sasha Gray, the White Scarf Marshal of Fence for AEthelmearc *fanfare*), as we're the only ones of our group who are close in height-- besides her husband, Christian Amaury de Launey, but he'd outright massacre me. xd

Anywho, so I'm up against Sasha, and she's doing her "I am a White Scarf, fear my blade of Doom!" thing, while I'm trying desperately to remember the training I've only just had.

I actually manage to get in a few good jabs over the course of our duel-- huzzah for me! biggrin

Afterward, our whole group is out for dinner, and my lord, Sasha, Christian and I are all talking.

Sasha tells me that I have fantastic potential as a fencer, because she was trying to bait me into trying to tag her at specific points, but I didn't seem to be falling for it, and she got a little frustrated with my "lack of cooperation"-- seems she does this to just about everyone.

I reply that I honestly had no idea of any baiting, and that I was just trying to keep away from her blade.

So. . . yea.

Maybe that's one of those "had to be there" things. . . we thought it was funny.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:20 am
That first story about the car thief is amazing. Sufficent force issues, bull! Bully for you in reacting! Ugh: I think it's total crap that a theif or burgler can sue the people he was trying to rob/hurt. You do the crime, you take the risk of a defender defending.

None of my friends can surprise me into a pin or tackle thanks 1) to Aikido training my reflexes and 2) SCA training my pose and posture.

I've heard tell of a female fighter leaving practice one day and being attacked by a mugger. The man got far more than he could handle! First from this woman, then from the horde of large burly men in metal armor running down the hill towards the two of them waving their wood and duck tape swords in the air! lol!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:45 pm
The first time I ever really was shown how to fight with a rapier I ended up beating my Lord/ Teacher. I flet kinda bad cause the last fight against him I won by cutting his balls off... My uncle was SO proud of me. Needless to say my Teacher wont fight me anymore.  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:45 pm
north_of_nita
The first time I ever really was shown how to fight with a rapier I ended up beating my Lord/ Teacher. I flet kinda bad cause the last fight against him I won by cutting his balls off... My uncle was SO proud of me. Needless to say my Teacher wont fight me anymore.

lmfao nita!! teach me to fight rapier pleeeeeeeeeeease?? xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:42 am
How would I say the SCA saved me? It saved me from being average by teaching me Chivalry, and giving an otherwise quite ordinary young man something to aspire to.  

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:31 pm
The SCA saved me from making more than my fair share of stupid teen mistakes. I joined the SCA when I was 15, and pretty much instantly got a whole group of protectors, guides, and teachers. I got a group who was willing to let me make just enough of my own mistakes and decisions to understand what it was to pull myself out of a hole that I dug, and protected me from making some bad choices that I couldn't work my way out of. When I started growing up a bit, my friends in the SCA showed me not only when I should listen to other people but when other people were giving me bad advice that they thought was brilliant.

The SCA saved me from being alone when I was in a bad place mental health-wise, and taught me to rely on myself. It saved me from being lonely, when I could have been totally isolated. It was a bonding point between me and my fiance when we were first meeting, and it's given me something to look forward to and a group of people I know will accept me in practically every place I go.

It's also given me some hilarious stories to tell. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:01 pm
InMemoryOfCricket
this is kinda boring but ive worked for the queen of caid twice and everry war i volenteer at least 24 hours by chasing cars for their tolkens

oh that was me on my bros account  

MorganOfCalafia

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces