Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elves on Bookshelves - The Bookcase for Friends of Fantasy

Back to Guilds

A literate guild for readers: We mainly discuss books, but feel free to share jokes and real life issues; we'll laugh and cry with you. 

Tags: contests & quests & advice for writers, faery games and medieval quizzes, original poetry, fan art and fiction, library of myths and legends, fun magic wizard, bookworm & bibliophile 

Reply Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!
The Immortals series by Alyson Noel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elf on a Bookshelf
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 pm
The books in the series that are already published are:

Evermore
Blue Moon
Shadowland
Dark Flame

Anybody read 'em?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:47 pm
One of my younger sisters liked thiis series and had me read Evermore. I didn’t hate it, but I certainly didn’t enjoy it.

I didn’t like it because the male character that Ever, the heroine, was attracted to was boringly and annoyingly perfect in the Edward Cullen type of way. Ever’s too-perfect boyfriend – as well as his ex-girlfriend - had many vampire traits, and yet they weren’t vampires; they were “immortals.” It was a very unsuccessful attempt of the author trying to put her own interesting spin on a species.

I did like Ever’s dead sister Riley, and the moral that Ever had to learn to “let go” of Riley so they could both move on. However, that small aspect wasn’t enough to make me like the book overall.

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Captain

ShePotterGleek

2,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:31 am
My friend is obsessed with the series. And that is saying a lot for her, because she is one of those people that hate reading. Shebought Dark Flame today.

I read Evermore, bought Blue Moon, and I stole Shadowland and Dark Flame from one of my other friends' house.

Riley is my favorite thing about the Evermore... and I like Roman more then Damen, because Damen is an Edward Cullen clone, and I hate that. (I hate how a lot of authors are doing that, making their MMC's perfect in every aspect... what happened to the guys with like, anger issues, abusive parents, or I don't know drug issues? wow, I just described Ninja)  
Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games