Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Signatures (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eleanne

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:06 pm
I found my signature under my settings but how do I paste pictures into my sig? I know I need to copy a URL into a box, but I can't find the box!
Help!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 pm

When you pull up the signature page, it's the large white rectangle right under the explanation of what a signature is for. Just copy the image URL and put it inside image brackets, and post it inside that rectangle.

Gaia will count your characters; keep in mind that there is a text limit and you will receive an error if you go over it.

The image tag is as follows;

[img]IMAGE URL HERE[/img]

Photobucket will provide the URL to you with the brackets already in place.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Paradoxismminant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:19 pm

First, you'll have to upload your image to an image-hosting site like http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.tinyurl.com . Then, choose the choice that looks like the following:

[IMG]www.pretendthere'saURLhere.com/blah.jpg[/IMG]
. Anyhow, it should have the IMG in the brackets (that's what you use for BB code, which is what you use on Gaia. Paste that in your signature, or your forum posts, and you're set^^.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 pm
Okay, thanks guys! Just one more question... how do I pull up the signature page?  

eleanne

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:54 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To add on to what Paradoxismminant was saying, you'll have to copy and paste the URL from the image that you've uploaded to Photobucket.com into Tinyurl.com in order to shorten it. To my knowledge, there is no way to upload photos to Tinyurl.com directly.

Click here to go to the signature-editing page, or simply go to My Gaia --> Account Settings Tab --> Signature.

Respond if you have any questions!

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff