Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Went to a different Church

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:02 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I go to a 12 step recovery bible study on Monday nights and it's held at this one church and today we honored the pastor for letting us meet there rent free for the past 3 years.

(Well it's not my church and only 1 people in the group is a member of that church)

But today since we were there to honor the pastor my husband and I stayed for the service and it just felt so ungodly to me. It gave glory to God, but didn't really talk about living for God, They spent less than 5 minutes in scripture, and most of the service was kind of just talking about stuff not related to God.

I've been told by a member of the church that their pastor is trying to get more people into it and that's cool but I just felt like I missed (what I condsider) church.

I am in no way trying to bash this church I'm just saying how sad it is when Church's start to abandon the word and focus on other things.

Have you ever bee to a church like that? Did you used to attend a church like that? That was a first to me and I'm so thankful I go to the church I go to because it's so much involved in the word and following his will and nothing much else.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:23 pm
this has happened to me before
i was on a camp out with boy scouts and on Saturday night i went with my scout master to mass for the first time.
i thought it was quite strange that the message was so short  

digital_kobraX

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:14 pm
Sadly, there are a lot of churches like that.

The church I currently go to is very good, in that it celebrates having a real relationship with God and following Christ. (We were formerly a Baptist church, but we're simply called a 'church'... that, to me, really illustrates the focus on the love of Christ for all and not just being limited to one category of people) I can't imagine going anywhere better, even though some of the members of the youth service are disrespectful sometimes...

That's life in this world; it's hard give your entire life to God, and even harder to be surrounded by others who do the same.

Be very thankful for the real Church, and try to spread that love you have for your church to others you know...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:30 pm
Hard to find good churchs anymore, mines good but my youth group is horrible, we do alot of fun things but we dont get closer to god, This summer camp i go to is really intense and gets you into god like so deep, its crazy.  

Born To Bleed

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:03 pm
faithful quenga
But today since we were there to honor the pastor my husband and I stayed for the service and it just felt so ungodly to me. It gave glory to God, but didn't really talk about living for God, They spent less than 5 minutes in scripture, and most of the service was kind of just talking about stuff not related to God.

I've been told by a member of the church that their pastor is trying to get more people into it and that's cool but I just felt like I missed (what I condsider) church.

I am in know way trying to bash this church I'm just saying how sad it is when Church's start to abandon the word and focus on other things.

Have you ever been to a church like that? Did you used to attend a church like that?

When my dad was first saved and we were looking for a church we did go to one like that. I actually had gone to the church before with a 'friend' for one of their youth groups. So I know excatly what you mean.

faithful quenga
That was a first to me and I'm so thankful I go to the church I go to because it's so much involved in the word and following his will and nothing much else.

The church that we have been going to, for I think 5 years, is like that. I am also very thankful to have such a GOD fearing church and not a "We need more people!", church.

Born To Bleed
Hard to find good churchs anymore, mines good but my youth group is horrible, we do alot of fun things but we dont get closer to god, This summer camp i go to is really intense and gets you into god like so deep, its crazy.

My church doesn't have a youth group at all. Severel times they have started up one, but after a month it's not there anymore. When we are up that way, I go to my cousin's youth group which is really good. It has really gotten me to think about alot of things that I probably would have never thought of if I didn't go. They also have a summer camp that I went to when I was younger which is really great too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:40 pm
Yes, i went to a Methodist Church, it was Scout Sunday, and I'm Lutheran, what was weird to me was,

A. there was a Female Pastor, and the bible says "A women should never be the head over a man"

B. They had no Confession and Absolution

C. they used Leavened Bread and...i think grape Juice for Communion((I did not attend Communion there))

D. The Sermon was to Short...Come to think of it the Service was to short.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
Yes, i went to a Methodist Church, it was Scout Sunday, and I'm Lutheran, what was weird to me was,

C. they used Leavened Bread and...i think grape Juice for Communion((I did not attend Communion there))

I don't go to a Methodist church, I go to an non-denominational one, but we use grape juice for communion. GOD doesn't care what purple liquid you use. Whether it be wine or grape juice, he really doesn't care. Also kids who want to do communion can't have wine.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:14 am
Its become very difficult to find a good church these days, im still searching for one  

Seal of Solomon

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 am
Saint Crazy The Follower
(1.)Sadly, there are a lot of churches like that.

(2.)The church I currently go to is very good, in that it celebrates having a real relationship with God and following Christ. (We were formerly a Baptist church, but we're simply called a 'church'... that, to me, really illustrates the focus on the love of Christ for all and not just being limited to one category of people) I can't imagine going anywhere better, even though some of the members of the youth service are disrespectful sometimes...

That's life in this world; it's hard give your entire life to God, and even harder to be surrounded by others who do the same.

(3.)Be very thankful for the real Church, and try to spread that love you have for your church to others you know...

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

(1.) Yes it is sad and what is even sadder is that it is becoming more common in the church to have that attitude. sad

(2.) I go to a church like that. So you would basically just be, if anyone was to bug you about it, non-denominational/without denomination which I love. ^^ You said it perfectly too, "that, to me, really illustrates the focus on the love of Christ for all and not just being limited to one category of people". And my church is small with not really a lot of youth. But most of them are good in not being disrespectful or anything.

(3.) Yes! We should always be very thankful for the true church that preaches His true word. Not just a 'feel good' message.

Because grey will not do.

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff