Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia-Art!

Back to Guilds

This is the guild for members of the DA Group Gaia-Art to chat with each other. 

Tags: Deviant, deviantart, illustration, draw, drawing 

Reply Gaia-Art!
Art Auction Rules & FAQ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AvidLebon
Captain

8,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:00 pm
Welcome to the FAQ! Below you will find the standard procedure on the Art Auction, as well as commonly asked questions. If you have a question ask and it will be added to the FAQ.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:02 pm
Gaia-Art Auction Info

1. How do I make a bid in the art auction?

Leave a comment on the journal entry of the art auction including the amount of gold you are bidding and your GAIA ONLINE username.

2. Will the artist draw anything I want?

Please keep all requests PG-13, no mature content. You may have a maximum of two characters included. (If you are an artist I'm sure you know that crowd scenes are about as much fun to draw as pile avatars.)

3. What happens if I win the auction?

Once the auction is over a crew representative (either AvidLebon or Lupas Deva) will do a trade with you to collect the gold you bid.

4. Hey I bid at 11:59 and another user outbid me by one gold right before midnight!

If someone bids right before midnight the auction will be extended five more minutes. If someone bids within those five minutes the auction will be extended another five minutes until five minutes passes with no more bids to keep it active.

5. What if I don't pay or don't want to pay until after I receive the art?

This is not an option. Gaia-Art has a responsibility to protect its artists from doing art then not being paid. Usually this isn't a problem for artists, but it does happen. Gold bid must be sent before the artist will begin work. If you bid and do not pay for the commission you will be blacklisted from all future auctions and Gaia-Art will then go to the next highest bidder.

6. It's been weeks and I haven't heard anything from the artist!

If the artist fails to produce the commission promised within a reasonable amount of time determined by Gaia-Art the commissioner will get their gold returned to them.  

AvidLebon
Captain

8,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

AvidLebon
Captain

8,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100