Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Which is Wiser? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

all the unicorns

Witty Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 am
Hi peoples. I was wondering if it would be wiser to save up for a tank of min-monsters before I do any major questing, or just quest items and mosters side-by side. I also have a mule (and might get one more mule in the near future) if that'll help with your response.

Thank you for your response ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...
I Hear Thunder

I dont really know.
But id say you will have to spend some time bootygrabbing and/or playing zomg, i heard they upped the gold rewards a while back.

Dont know how profitable aquariums are, but granting that i can get 1k of a good tank with a (very) laggy computer, you have to get a full tank of monsters, and that will only grant you 250gold per person played per glow. Depends on how popular your tank is, how often it glows and how many gets to play it.

So to me, id maybe gather up some mini-monsters while questing, and prepare an awesome thread, or ask around if there was gonna be any new threads in the aquarium forum, so that i would be set with the aquarium 3nodding

But for now im satisfied just playing other aquariums.

But Theres No Rain
...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:42 pm

It's personal preference, just be advised the mini-monsters don't live for very long so you'll be replacing them regularly.

If it were me, I would quest the items. I don't make enough off of my aquarium to worry about making it appealing to grabbers- but again, personal preference. Find what works for you and go with it. There is no right or wrong answer here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm
We are

I would lean to doing your major item quests first for the same reason Daypaw said. You'll have to keep replacing your mini-monsters as they die off. The rate of inflation on your desired quest items would also affect my decision. If having a tank of mini monsters is one of your Gaian goals, and your other items don't have much inflation, I would suggest questing both side by side. But if you've set your eyes on a faster inflating item, or an item taken out of the Cash Shop, I'd be inclined to give it questing priority, especially because the Mini-monsters are still in Phin Phang.

Avianus Flamare

AvianFlame

Dapper Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 am
In addition to what AvianFlame and Daypaw said, your only hope of getting max players per glow is having (so I've heard) about 250+ forum posts, and making sure that those posts are somewhat evenly scattered in high-traffic forums/threads.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 am
Okay. Thanks for your answers ^_^  

all the unicorns

Witty Genius

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:44 am
User Image
Also some of the drops are not opening at the moment so you would have to keep the drops until the developers come up with items for them =3

Royal Flush

This place here will tell you which fish's drops can be opened snd what you can expect from within them =3
Even the smallest feline is a masterpieceUser Image

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff