Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Mice Miceity Mice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vermin!
  Kill and dispose of bodies!
  Humanely catch and release somewhere miles off
  Catch and feed to pet snake or cat. :3
  Catch and train to be rodent army
  Let vermin take over, why bother anymore...
View Results

Avzel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:48 pm
So I've been at school for about 12 hours a day for weeks on end...more when there were finals. I go home to sleep, and wash, and that's about it. Apparently some mice thought that was their cue to move in. I didn't notice the rustling noises in the wall at first, because we've had so much rain and wind, tapping on the roof and smacking branches against the walls...I thought it was only my imagination. But noooo... I had company!

I eventually had to set traps and killed 3 of them before they got the hint, and wow, the whole business of catching and disposing of the bodies was the grossest thing I have ever done with my hands. I would not have survived in pioneer days. I also had to investigate where they were coming from and use a spray foam to plug up the visible openings. My house is now more mouse-proof and draft-proof than ever, and we've had some sunny days so now the neighborhood cats are back on patrol.

Still. Ugh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:24 pm
User Image
For the Rose is a Beautiful Flower
I haven't seen any signs of mice since my daughter convinced me to let her have a cat.
I suspect that if the cat were to see a mouse he would think:
"OOOH! CAT TOY!"
*Pounce*

No doubt the cat would have much more fun than the mouse.
A Beautiful Flower with Thorns
User Image

SerpentRose

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:56 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...
I Hear Thunder

Living close to the forest, we get that every year.
And every year we get lots of them in the traps, dad had to screw the trap to the floor, so the mouse wouldn't run away with it :/
The cats catch their fare share of mice, but there's just those they don't get ):

Kinda freaking me out when i hear small-feet-thumping on my ceiling. D:

But now they are gone X3

But Theres No Rain
...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 am
i'm in the same boat as Tebasile. i live close to the woods, so we get mice often, trying to sneak in and all. i hate using traps or even killing the mice, but can't have them in the house either (i have a 10 month old daughter) i own two inside cats that keep them out and there's always a bunch of strays around our neighborhood that do patrols smile  

StarGoddessSiren

Avzel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 pm
Killed mouse #4 today. It was a sunny day, 1pm, people and cats walking around outside...how bold mice have become.
Tebasile, ew! I'm glad they are gone.

GD - yes, have to protect the little ones.

I think I will make a mouse sig somewhere to commemorate the horror.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm
Eek >_<

I don't like killing them, but my personal philosophy is that you gotta do what you gotta do...

I try to do it as humanely as possible, since I can't have pets.

If I can't get them to go outside by shooing them out, I lock all the food up, then put food outside.  

Ncrypt1d Threadkiller

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff