Submit

Socially Awkward Cassbutt

Loyal Giver

11,850 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:43 pm
Okay,I'm a newbie cosplayer,and my friend suggested being L for my first cosplay,and I have some questions.
~Does anyone have any good pictures,so I can get an idea?

~What is the main thing you do at the cosplay conventions? (I haven't gone,yet,my first chance I got sick,and had to stay home.)

~Is L really the easisest cosplayers there is?

Thank You! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:52 pm
WEll, it depends on what convention you go to. My first convention was Ohayocon, and I just got back yesterday. Pretty amazing.
The majourity of our time was spent in the dealer's room, and playing Morton's List...but there were a lot of people who were giviing my hugs and taking my picture. The con environment is a friendly one.
There are also panels you can visits, masquerades you can attend, etc.

L is, in my opinion, tjhe easiest cospklay. At Ohayocon, there was 40+ L's.
When you go as L, unless your cosplay is EXTREMELY accurate, you're absolutely adorable, and/or in character the whole time...you will NOT get a lot of attention. I went as Matt, and I was loved.
If you're thinking of going to a convention, I'd reccoment going as someone more exciting then L. I hope I was able to help out.

Mattkip

2,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Loyal Giver

11,850 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:40 pm
Yeah! You gave me more info than anyone,thank you!
My freiends just went to Ohayocon this weekend too,and got back today smile
(i would have gone,but I didn't know i was going to be home this weekend...)
Did you see a black-haired girl who cosplayed as Roxas? She might have went by the name of Mii-chan...
Sorry,hehe...
But,yeah,that's what i thought,I might still go,just to show my obsession,but I will take everything you told me for future reference,I thank you! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:55 pm
Mail Freaking Jeevas
WEll, it depends on what convention you go to. My first convention was Ohayocon, and I just got back yesterday. Pretty amazing.
The majourity of our time was spent in the dealer's room, and playing Morton's List...but there were a lot of people who were giviing my hugs and taking my picture. The con environment is a friendly one.

When you go as L, unless your cosplay is EXTREMELY accurate, you're absolutely adorable, and/or in character the whole time...you will NOT get a lot of attention. I went as Matt, and I was loved.
If you're thinking of going to a convention, I'd reccoment going as someone more exciting then L. I hope I was able to help out.

That sort of happened to me. I went to Nan Desu Kan last year as Mello, and there was only one other Mello at the entire convention. I met an adorable Matt cosplayer, and we were a huge hit at the Death Note photoshoot! Yay for popular side characters with difficult costumes. ^_^  

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Loyal Giver

11,850 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:08 pm
Josephine Falnor
Mail Freaking Jeevas

That sort of happened to me. I went to Nan Desu Kan last year as Mello, and there was only one other Mello at the entire convention. I met an adorable Matt cosplayer, and we were a huge hit at the Death Note photoshoot! Yay for popular side characters with difficult costumes. ^_^

LOL XD Man...these conventions sound so fun!!!!
Maybe,if I get to go to Youmacon this year,I might get the chance to see you guys! I will either be Link,Kiba(from Wolf's Rain),Hige(Wolf's Rain),or most likely L. whee  
Death Note Cosplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games