This was the Book of the Month for December of 2009. Did anyone read it? I did! exclaim I thought the scenes that the author intended to be breath-taking (such as Col riding a pegasus for the first time and Connie being an "ocean" when she connected with all of the animals at once) were very successful. I certainly felt the amazement! biggrin

However, I don't intend to read the rest of the series. I'm not sure why, but for some reason the book bored me quite a lot. In theory, it shouldn't have. Most of the characters were 3-demensional, and even though the book seemed long (It wasn't, but it SEEMED long since I was often bored.) I couldn't think of any scenes that could be removed without making the story appear rushed. It must be something about the writing style that I found dull...I wish I knew what it was... confused

Anyway, it was a realistic (well, realistic for fantasy!) children's novel, and though I disliked it overall I'd still reccomend it since I can understand why others would enjoy it.