Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Problem with pictures. (sig and profile)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minnie_Aegyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:12 am
I have been having problems with pictures lately.

I just want to put a banner on my sig that I made but it won't work, it just shows the link then when i put the direct link it says its... mal...something.

And on my profile I think you'd call them sticker images.
They won't work...

I mean I can see them when I put them on there but when I save and view, it just says "picture" where the picture was placed. Then I go back to edit and it still says picture. I was adding pictures via photobucket.
Not any that I uploaded though.

Could some one kindly help me?...

Thanks in advance.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:43 am
It's hard to tell unless you post the code. It sounds like you have a malformed URL.
I'm not strong on profile issues, but if you have a Classic or Current profile, that matters, as images work on one and not the other (sorry, I don't remember which) and you have to use BBS code and not HTML.

If you can't get an answer here, you can try asking in the Profile forum. They can give good answers.  

Avzel

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:05 pm

If you're getting a malformed URL error, I would advise trying to upload the images to your own photobucket account. They're free to set up and the links are easy to get from there- you can get them with the BBC tags already in place. I've had malformed URL issues when trying to link to other sources, usually it can be corrected by checking the tags (Any spaces? Missing anything from the URL? Are the tags properly closed? Etc) and making sure that the URL its self is valid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:42 am
--Personalize this formatting--

I uploaded with imageshack.(which is the same as photobucket but less viruses lol)
And I don't want it to link to anything if I have to choose lol.

And my profile I think I know how to do it now though thanks. ^^.

I did it by just putting it User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
--Customize it in Tools > Add-Ons > Extensions > GaiaFormat > Options--

Minnie_Aegyo

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces