Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
IM/OpenRPG games?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Most Interested In?
  D&D 3.5
  D20 Modern
  D20 Future
  Shadowrun
  Houses of the Blooded
View Results

Seiryna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 am
First off, don't bash, hate, flame or troll lol it's just a question.
There any serious DMs that have an ongoing/thinking of starting/would like to use an IM services or OpenRPG for a game? I'm going be painfully honest, and can not stand play by post games, they move way to slow for me, and with the amount of details, questions I like to ask, and my personal play style. I'll just slow a pbp game down even more, I do know why, and understand why some people prefer pbp, but it's just not my cup of tea.
What I'm looking for:
A DM: I know I know everyone is, but I'm looking for someone who knows the rules, and knows what they want and want to do, but is willing to work with the players. What does that mean? I'll be honest again, I play unique chars. I have a lot of books, and I like using them, don't like games where its like you can only be race A B or C and only use book D E or F and thats it.
Game List:

D&D 3.5: This would be my first choice, as its my favorite.

D20 Modern/future been a looong time sense I played last...so kinda noob at it lol.
(have some ideas for a setting/other stuff, like I said I like DMs that work with the players, not just say this is how its gonna be)

Shadowrun: started getting in to this, and then had to quit, so still not to sure about all the rules.

Houses of the Blooded: game is meh, will play but wont put as much thought in to a char. =p

Maids, The RP: Yep I used to play this, I have the book somewhere, will play again if nothing better, and its something to do.

Feel free to commit/post in thread or PM me.

oh yeah im talking about frequent gaming sessions to XD not yeah I love to DM *only DMs like once a month* I mean, someone who likes playing DMing as much as I love playing AkA would play/DM every night if they could lol...it's just a figure of speech, though I have no problem playing every night ^^' oh yeah not a big fan of homebrew....to many bad experiences.....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:00 am
Actually I'd like to throw my name in the hat too of people interested in IMed games. I can DM but I end up doing it so often that I'd like to at least have a few games that I can play in.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 am
I'll join the band wagon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm
*hops on and proclaims himself King before getting beaten* Gah... really though, I have a few weird ideas I want to try.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Seiryna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:26 am
D20 gah that means Im gonna have to relearn it all lol =x sorry been busy and kinda forgot about this post lol....will try to get in touch with people still interested unless you all started with out me XD soooo Raganui Minamoto just showed me Path Finder O.o I've been playing 3.5 for...along time and this is the first I've seen of it O.o so I guess I should throw up Path Finder D&D up there to lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:06 pm
I would so hate to see this attempt at IM D&D die (no pun intended). So count me as a player in this  

Jacior

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:09 am
we don't need players.... we need a DM.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items