Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Death Note Cosplay
Tips on Contacts for Cosplay.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which part of the costume is most important?
  Accoutrements (Accessories, details)
  The wig..! It needs to be styled nicely, and the right colour.
  The costume itself! I hate seeing a Matt with no vest, or an L with the wrong clothes, or a Naruto that just sucks.
  The eyes need to be the same colour as the character you're cosplaying! (I don't nessicarily agree, but, it IS important..)
View Results

Mattkip

2,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:35 am
Ah, yes. One of the most difficult parts of cosplay, in my opinion, is the contacts.
In my opinion, the wrong eye colour can ruined a perfectly good cosplay.
Ex: A blue-eyed L, or perhaps a brown eyed BB.
So, I assumed I wasn't the only one who was having trouble with contacts. I know that part of getting them is an eye exam, and another part is the contacts themself...but does anyone have any tips??
Like, perhaps, a good website to go to, to get contacts at a half decent price?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:42 am
http://www.coastalcontacts.com/halloween-lenses/cHalloweenLenses-p1.html

http://www.aclens.com/

Second site you'll have to dig around for them. They have them, but they are kinda hidden all over the place.  

L the strawberry lover

Last Knight Standing

Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm
While contacts can make or break a cosplay (depending, really), they can also be expensive and a hassle.

If you wear glasses, contacts are a fun option in colors, or even just regular ones, but it limits things because prescriptions get expensive. If you get disposable ones, if you take good care of them, they last a lot longer than the doctor tells you. I have a six month prescription that I'm still using a year and a half later. >__> Don't waste them. Seriously.

You'll want a contact lens case to store them, and a solution to keep them clean in.

On the subject of contacts themselves. If you don't need prescriptions contacts, DON'T GET THEM.

One option people have, is having colored contacts over prescription contacts, if you really don't want to run around in glasses at the convention. A friend did tell me, however, that that can ruin your eye sight further. If you don't care, then by all means.

On the subject on non prescription contacts, however, they are VERY thin and VERY flimsy. I tried putting one in before I knew how and it was incredibly difficult. A friend of mine also spent money on getting nice colored ones, but couldn't wear them because he couldn't put them in. SO. Before you get them, make sure you can put them in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:36 pm
OMG....I hope my first cosplay can still go on now,because I wanted my first cosplays to be...
1st L
2nd Kiba
4th Layle
and so on...
But the only one I'm worried about is my L cosplay,cuz I have blue eyes!!! crying
((and i really want to go as L...))  

Socially Awkward Cassbutt

Loyal Giver

11,850 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Survivor 150

Mattkip

2,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:48 pm
I read somewhere that there are coloured contacts for people who have perscription, and coloured contacts for people who just want them for fun...
Being the perfectionist-douchebag I am, I'm probably going to end up ruining my eyes..><;
But, yeah, thanks for the advice @w@;;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:30 am
Unless a character's eyes were a big part of the cosplay I wouldn't usually bother with contacts because they're tricky to put in and can cost alot.
Otherwise, I don't really pay much attention to eye colour...  

Jesikira

1,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Death Note Cosplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items