Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
You go to church on sunday? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:01 pm
Azkeel
gothic_black_rose
Azkeel
(Pet peeve calling the congregation a church)
Other then that I'm at Church 24-7

Actually all of christiandom is the church. Also you can only have church when there is fellowship. "Where ever two or more are gathered in my name I am there." So I go to church everynight around dinner.
Don't think I have Christian friends? You're kidding about you need another person for church right? So you mean to say the body of Christ is non-existant unless there is a gathering? "Where two or more are gathered in my name I am there" Yeah well turn over any stone and find Him. So you call the congregation the true body of Christ. So why is there so many devisions in "Churches" So by your own confession you are practically calling the Kingdom of God a broken Kingdom because a nation devided can not stand. Let me make this more clear; I AM the church. The body is not devided when a person is alone.

And isn't everybody in that place the body of Christ?

"Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually."
(1 CORINTHIANS 12:27)
(You can read all of chapter 12 for a more in-depth understanding. I highly recommend it.)

"For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones."
(EPHESIANS 5:30 )
(I highly recommend reading this whole chapter as well).

The Church, or Body of Christ, is composed of many members. Not every member has the same function or calling. God did not create or call each member to do the same thing. (paraphrase)
(ROMANS 12:4-5)

The Bible talks about the different functions a person can perform as a body.
Now not everyone can perform the same function (what does that tell you?) it sounds like more than one already.
A whole congregation CAN be the body of Christ.
Except everyone takes a different function and they all work together as the body. As a church.
The body of Christ is embodied in different forms.
We are the body of Christ but body parts united are more useful than scattered limbs.

Ofcourse we as humans are not perfect and will sometimes fail, but when that happens, another member has to take over and maybe shake that organ into place.
We should assist, encourage, bless, and pray for other members of the Body -- just as we would members of our physical body.
A healthy body will work together in unison and will not stand divided. In that agree with you.
Obviously the building itself is NOT the church, so when Jesus talks about the church, he is not talking about the building in which you hold services every Sunday/wed/whatever day of the week.
The service could take place in a stable for all it matters.
Going to church is not going to save you either, but you do not have to single yourself out just for fear of heart failure x} (I used a metaphor, teeeheee).
Just to clear things out I do believe that I AM the church as well, I am not disagreeing with that certain point.
My body is the temple of God.

Sorry for my long post sweatdrop
TL;DR : You are both halfway right, lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 pm
I go every Friday and Sunday. Fridays are Youth Nites. Then I sometimes go on Saturdays when there are events.

I attend Bible Club at school on Thursdays, and we have prayer meetings on Tuesdays.  

myusikah

Dapper Genius

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:44 pm
Yes. Every Sunday. Bible studies on Wed night, with a meal before hand, and bible studies Friday night as well with a small group. I'm also involved in ministry and will be leading Discipleship soon when the classes are ready to begin, and full of people who want to be taught the Good news! Amen!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:55 pm
I go every Sunday. biggrin  

iArchduke Franz Ferdinand

Azkeel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 am
Green_Fuu
Azkeel
gothic_black_rose
Azkeel

Actually all of christiandom is the church. Also you can only have church when there is fellowship. "Where ever two or more are gathered in my name I am there." So I go to church everynight around dinner.
Don't think I have Christian friends? You're kidding about you need another person for church right? So you mean to say the body of Christ is non-existant unless there is a gathering? "Where two or more are gathered in my name I am there" Yeah well turn over any stone and find Him. So you call the congregation the true body of Christ. So why is there so many devisions in "Churches" So by your own confession you are practically calling the Kingdom of God a broken Kingdom because a nation devided can not stand. Let me make this more clear; I AM the church. The body is not devided when a person is alone.

(You can read all of chapter 12 for a more in-depth understanding. I highly recommend it.)

The Church, or Body of Christ, is composed of many members. Not every member has the same function or calling. God did not create or call each member to do the same thing. (paraphrase)

Now not everyone can perform the same function (what does that tell you?) it sounds like more than one already.
Except everyone takes a different function and they all work together as the body. As a church.
We are the body of Christ but body parts united are more useful than scattered limbs.

Ofcourse we as humans are not perfect and will sometimes fail, but when that happens, another member has to take over and maybe shake that organ into place.
We should assist, encourage, bless, and pray for other members of the Body -- just as we would members of our physical body.
A healthy body will work together in unison and will not stand divided. In that agree with you.
Obviously the building itself is NOT the church, so when Jesus talks about the church, he is not talking about the building in which you hold services every Sunday/wed/whatever day of the week.
Going to church is not going to save you either, but you do not have to single yourself out just for fear of heart failure x} (I used a metaphor, teeeheee).
Just to clear things out I do believe that I AM the church as well, I am not disagreeing with that certain point.

Behold I shall tell you even the members of your congregation are not all members of Christ and are goats. Satan is in the midst of the congregation. And as you have confessed being part of The Church then I am obligated to expose this to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 am
On the flip side I am invited to attend a study this Sunday as well as partake in their worship.  

Azkeel

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:59 am
Azkeel
Green_Fuu
Azkeel
gothic_black_rose
Azkeel

A healthy body will work together in unison and will not stand divided.
In that agree with you.
Obviously
the building itself is NOT the church, so when Jesus talks about the church, he is not talking about the building in which you hold services every Sunday/wed/whatever day of the week.

Behold I shall tell you even the members of your congregation are not all members of Christ and are goats. Satan is in the midst of the congregation. And as you have confessed being part of The Church then I am obligated to expose this to you.

ummmmmmmmm........................ confused

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 am
Made font bigger so you could see the points that I think you skipped over while skimming through my post.
Even though you have to read the whole post to understand it.

confused

BTW how was the study? ^o^

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 pm
I know the Church and there are fewer people then one may think. It seems there has been a great vail pulled upon the eyes of the masses... Ignorance will not be an excuse. I speak of knowledge and wisdom. My name is Jeffrey I will not answer if you call me Tom. Get it?
Have you looked into your bible? Studied it yourself? Have you looked futher for truth or do you follow as a blind being guided by the blind?

If you have any idea what I'm talking about, the slightest hint. You will find it is not a translation but was specifically placed there in order to lead the masses astray... How can you be saved if you don't know The Name?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:57 pm
Akaaka-Kun
Do u? XD =]

all the time smile  

Memento Mori is Ish

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Christian friends

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items