Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything Death Note
I just finished watching Death Note... Disappointed.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GreenEyedSummer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:20 pm
So, I just finished watching Death Note and I must say, I was very disappointed. So here's a list of the things that bothered me.

1: Matt dying so soon after he was introduced. I mean, he had what, two minutes of screen time? And then they kill him off before they even tell you his name. What was he point of him being there at all?

2: In the last ep, the frequent L to Near comparisons really got to me. (Because, really they're two different people, they're not gonna be the same.)

3: The fact that they DIDN'T KILL MISA! I'm sorry to any possible Misa fans, but I REALLY wanted her to die.

4: I have a feeling that I really would have liked Matt....

5:I really liked it during the earlier episodes, but then it just seemed to drag on and on and ON.

6: I mean I think I really would have liked Matt's character! He looked like such a badass....

Was the manga a lot different from the anime? I was thinking of buying the manga before, but now I'm not so sure... One thing I did like, however, was how Matsuda went crazy and started shooting at Light towards the end. It was fairly awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:37 pm
GreenEyedSummerGirl
3: The fact that they DIDN'T KILL MISA! I'm sorry to any possible Misa fans, but I REALLY wanted her to die.

Dude, I am totally with you on this one.  

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

GreenEyedSummer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:48 pm
Eijay
GreenEyedSummerGirl

Dude, I am totally with you on this one.

Yay!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:21 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I like Misa. D:

Also, her death isn't shown in the anime, but according to How To Read 13 she commits suicide about a year after Light's death.

((Look at that poor man. Not only has he just been screwed by a giant eye, but he's now giving birth.))

Fluffball of Osaka

8,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

L the strawberry lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:25 pm
GreenEyedSummerGirl
So, I just finished watching Death Note and I must say, I was very disappointed. So here's a list of the things that bothered me.

1: Matt dying so soon after he was introduced. I mean, he had what, two minutes of screen time? And then they kill him off before they even tell you his name. What was he point of him being there at all?

2: In the last ep, the frequent L to Near comparisons really got to me. (Because, really they're two different people, they're not gonna be the same.)

5:I really liked it during the earlier episodes, but then it just seemed to drag on and on and ON.

6: I mean I think I really would have liked Matt's character! He looked like such a badass....

Was the manga a lot different from the anime? I was thinking of buying the manga before, but now I'm not so sure... One thing I did like, however, was how Matsuda went crazy and started shooting at Light towards the end. It was fairly awesome.

1. Matt died very early in the manga as well. The intire point of his character in the manga was to give Mello someone to talk to, according to How to read.

2. Near was supposed to be similar to L, again, according to How to Read. He was compaired so much because he was, after all, trained to become the next L.

3. Misa did die soon after Light did, according to How to Read, but in all honesty, she wasn't that bad of a character, and please remember that just because you don't like her is not a death sentance for her, and should not affect how you view the series.

4. A lot of people like Matt. You can still like him even though he died. But please, remember his purpose in the manga was ONLY so Mello could have someone to talk to about what was going on around him.

5. That might be because L died. I thought the same thing, because I missed L, but I still watched because it is a good show and I wanted to see Light get his.

6. Matt looks like a poster child for Hot Topic... Honestly, it's hard to judge a character's personality by their appearance alone, ya know, never judge a book by it's cover? You liked Matts design, I did too, but he wasn't really developed enough to form a solid personality, so we don't really know who he is as a person.

There really aren't very many major differences between the manga and the anime. If you don't like the anime, I would not suggest buying the manga.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm
L the strawberry lover
GreenEyedSummerGirl

1. Matt died very early in the manga as well. The intire point of his character in the manga was to give Mello someone to talk to, according to How to read.

2. Near was supposed to be similar to L, again, according to How to Read. He was compaired so much because he was, after all, trained to become the next L.

3. Misa did die soon after Light did, according to How to Read, but in all honesty, she wasn't that bad of a character, and please remember that just because you don't like her is not a death sentance for her, and should not affect how you view the series.

4. A lot of people like Matt. You can still like him even though he died. But please, remember his purpose in the manga was ONLY so Mello could have someone to talk to about what was going on around him.

5. That might be because L died. I thought the same thing, because I missed L, but I still watched because it is a good show and I wanted to see Light get his.

6. Matt looks like a poster child for Hot Topic... Honestly, it's hard to judge a character's personality by their appearance alone, ya know, never judge a book by it's cover? You liked Matts design, I did too, but he wasn't really developed enough to form a solid personality, so we don't really know who he is as a person.

There really aren't very many major differences between the manga and the anime. If you don't like the anime, I would not suggest buying the manga.

I was actually joking for most of this. (I tend to forget that not everybody knows what my sense of humor is like) I was a bit disappointed at the end of the anime, but after re-watching the last episode I saw that that was really the only way they could end it and still have it be interesting. I honestly didn't think it was a good idea to bring in a character to be in the series for two minutes, though.  

GreenEyedSummer

L the strawberry lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:46 pm
GreenEyedSummerGirl
L the strawberry lover
GreenEyedSummerGirl

I was actually joking for most of this. (I tend to forget that not everybody knows what my sense of humor is like) I was a bit disappointed at the end of the anime, but after re-watching the last episode I saw that that was really the only way they could end it and still have it be interesting. I honestly didn't think it was a good idea to bring in a character to be in the
series for two minutes, though.

Ah I see. I apologize if I sounded cross. I didn't mean to. But I can understand that. They had to have Matt though, otherwise Mello would be tlaking to himself a lot, adn he'd look even more crazy, and that was pretty much his entire purpose of the series. He is a great character tho. I RP as Matt all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:34 am
L the strawberry lover
GreenEyedSummerGirl
L the strawberry lover
GreenEyedSummerGirl

I was actually joking for most of this. (I tend to forget that not everybody knows what my sense of humor is like) I was a bit disappointed at the end of the anime, but after re-watching the last episode I saw that that was really the only way they could end it and still have it be interesting. I honestly didn't think it was a good idea to bring in a character to be in the
series for two minutes, though.

Ah I see. I apologize if I sounded cross. I didn't mean to. But I can understand that. They had to have Matt though, otherwise Mello would be tlaking to himself a lot, adn he'd look even more crazy, and that was pretty much his entire purpose of the series. He is a great character tho. I RP as Matt all the time.

I think I actually might have liked it if Mello was even more crazy though. It was sort of nice having characters that were insane that weren't Kira towards the end.  

GreenEyedSummer

Everything Death Note

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff