Submit

Which do you prefer?
  Boy Cats
  Girl Cats
  Doesn't matter, I like both. :3
View Results

Mercurial Tears

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:02 pm
Okay, so a while back my cat of ten years passed away of intestinal cancer. It's taken a long time for my family to get over her, especially me, since I was closest to her.

But now, we're ready for another cat... well, soon anyway. I have a lot of breeds and things in mind, but ultimately I'm going to choose the cat that stands out in my mind at the shelter or wherever we adopt from.

I realllly want a boy cat, but I've heard mixed reviews about them. My mom says we can't because they spray all over the place, and I have a friend who has only had boy cats and never had problems with them.

So if there are any owners or previous owners of male cats who would be willing to clear this up for me, I'd really appreciate it.

--Mercurial Tears

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:43 pm
if you get a little boy kitty. and get him fixed before he starts spraying, most of the time they will never start spraying. but once a cat starts spraying how ever, it's almost impossible to stop the habit.

i've had a number of male cats and have never really had a problem with them. but we fix them ASAP  

Nolone

Mercurial Tears

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:13 pm
Alright. Thanks. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:11 pm
out of the 4 males we have owned through my life only 2 of them sprayed but they were also very dominent males and had to be declawed because they were always fighting with each other. and yes, they were both fixed. thats very rare though. our 2 males now get along great and have never sprayed.

as long as a cat feels secure and confident in his territory he wont spray  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items