Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Blood, sweat and tears! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever bled for your art?
  Yes, and I have the scars to prove it!
  No, I'm very careful.
  Not yet, but it's just a matter of time!
View Results

Nonobotica

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:07 am
Been stabbed by various pens and just a little cut from a lino cutter a while back. Them things are evil! D:
eek I almost cut my finger off using the bandsaw, while I was making a maquette this year. I was like " Woooaahhh... leaving! ".  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:47 pm
Worst it gets for me is cramping in my wrist and fingers if I've been drawing or animating all day or for days in a row. I try to be careful about it now, but it comes around every couple months.  

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

Grinsender-Damon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:27 pm
Yeah, I was carving a key and well I cut my right thumb real bad... my teacher got sooooo pissed.

Not a very nice teacher.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:04 pm
I've got a bad habbit of using X-Acto knives for things they were probably not intended for, then wiping them clean with my fingers. Luckily the cuts are usually not quite deep enough to bleed. So I shall continue this practice.

I gave up on avoiding burning myself with hot glue guns. It only hurts for a second. @_@ Sometimes you gotta press the glue down/in/wherever before it cools so its not a big ole blob.

And ohboy I've had some good time with wire... had to make barbed wire on more than one occasion, back when I was unfamiliar with wire and didnt know wtf I was doing. Some shanking occured, but nowadays its just sore fingers from not using pliers.

AUUGH THIS ONE TIIIME
My sculpture class had a group project - we were gonna make a giant bird's nest. I was collecting dead sticks and such. Went to grab a handful of this good dried grassy viney stuff, which turned out to be grassy viney thorny stuff, and it fackin killlled. XD

This post is getting too long. Ill just stop here XD

F!ZZBANG

Hamaon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm
A few papercuts but that's all.

I had a friend who put hot glue on my hand, though, which made me go AWEOKSOERKT WTF.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff