Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Is anyone else worried Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:38 pm
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

No i'm not offended in the least. It's natural that people have different opinions, if they didnt these guilds would be pointless. I'm glad we agree on things enough we can disagree lol. As for TMI I love the series and Clare is a greater author. I'm quite fond of both her series so far and am checking off the days til Clockwork Prince comes out. As for the movie like I said I really hope it does do well and and that Jamie kicks butt. I'm really hoping it gets the attention it deserves. It's just i'm a huge fan of the books and I am one of those people that worry about these things when a big screen adaption is made. From what i've seen these book based movies are either really good or really bad. So in Jamie's defense i'm not just holding judgement for him but the project in general (aka actors/actresses, producers, action snimations). I have learned it is easier to gauge myself and be blown away by a movie then get super excited and be let down :/

Oh ya, I still have plenty of doubts with the movie(ei, Sony got a hold of it, that's a concern in itself lol) but I just see a lot of hate towards JCB because he's not who people wanted and I try to defend him. I know that's not the case with you, but I'm sure there's proabaly people like that in the guild and I thought I'd defend him here. I'm so nervous, I've seen so many books I like ruined in their movie versions. I really hope it comes out well, but I have my doubts. Kind of off topic, but have you seen the the preliminary designs for the Midnight Carriage and the Vampire Bikes? I think the carriage has good potential, but the bikes are not at all what I imagined. (If you haven't seen them, you can just google pics or something, I can't find the link where I originally saw them)

Yes I ahve actually I try to keep close tabs on these things lol. They both seem, whats the word... retro. Ididnt mind the carriage to much it looks decent however the bike, what to say about the bike? I feel it had potential but they dropped the ball on it. I kinda like the way the rims come out but other then that it really doesnt stand out. You say its not what you expected thats my big thing with these books to movie things. I like making a forming my own versions of all these things as I read however I can not do that as easy after seeing the movie. It is like part of the magic is gone. Kinda like reading Harry Potter when I was a kid then watching the movies and reading them again. After that first movie when I heard "Harry Potter" I thought Daniel Radcliffe. One of my least favorite things about this stuff :'(

I didn't like the bikes cause I thought they looked too modern, almost like they were from tron or something. But I don't think the movie takes away from the book. I think it's cool to see someone elses interpitation of what they see(Unless it sucks cause theyre just trying to make a quick buck). I still like reading the HP books and I still love them.

They do look modern and kinda boring in my opinion but what ya gonna do! Maybe we will get lucky and they will change em up a little. Dont get me wrong I love the movies that turn out good it just always seems harder to focus on your own imagination after you have seen them. I guess I feel it takes away some of the imagination. I still enjoy reading HP as well. I love writing for fun and have a crazy imagination so maybe thats why it gets me a bit down lol. If I didnt like it though I just wouldnt watch the movies. Im just praying this movie doesnt blow :-/

Ya I think that's what everyone's hoping for lol

Lol true I just felt I had to say it!!! I wont lie I saw a picture of Jamie Campbell with his golden contacts in and I could see a lil Jace haha! Heres a something to talk about! Its quite obvious Jace and Jem are totally different characters. I mean Jace has the caocky smart@** thing going for him and Jem the sweet chivalrous thing goin for him. Both are good characters but on different extremes so its like there the opposites. If you think of colors silver and gols are always compared but considered opposites. I find it funny that there color schemes and personalities are so contrasted lol. Jussttt sayin' biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 pm
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

Yes I ahve actually I try to keep close tabs on these things lol. They both seem, whats the word... retro. Ididnt mind the carriage to much it looks decent however the bike, what to say about the bike? I feel it had potential but they dropped the ball on it. I kinda like the way the rims come out but other then that it really doesnt stand out. You say its not what you expected thats my big thing with these books to movie things. I like making a forming my own versions of all these things as I read however I can not do that as easy after seeing the movie. It is like part of the magic is gone. Kinda like reading Harry Potter when I was a kid then watching the movies and reading them again. After that first movie when I heard "Harry Potter" I thought Daniel Radcliffe. One of my least favorite things about this stuff :'(

I didn't like the bikes cause I thought they looked too modern, almost like they were from tron or something. But I don't think the movie takes away from the book. I think it's cool to see someone elses interpitation of what they see(Unless it sucks cause theyre just trying to make a quick buck). I still like reading the HP books and I still love them.

They do look modern and kinda boring in my opinion but what ya gonna do! Maybe we will get lucky and they will change em up a little. Dont get me wrong I love the movies that turn out good it just always seems harder to focus on your own imagination after you have seen them. I guess I feel it takes away some of the imagination. I still enjoy reading HP as well. I love writing for fun and have a crazy imagination so maybe thats why it gets me a bit down lol. If I didnt like it though I just wouldnt watch the movies. Im just praying this movie doesnt blow :-/

Ya I think that's what everyone's hoping for lol

Lol true I just felt I had to say it!!! I wont lie I saw a picture of Jamie Campbell with his golden contacts in and I could see a lil Jace haha! Heres a something to talk about! Its quite obvious Jace and Jem are totally different characters. I mean Jace has the caocky smart@** thing going for him and Jem the sweet chivalrous thing goin for him. Both are good characters but on different extremes so its like there the opposites. If you think of colors silver and gols are always compared but considered opposites. I find it funny that there color schemes and personalities are so contrasted lol. Jussttt sayin' biggrin

Haha, that's funny, I never put that together. I kinda thought of that with Jace and Sebastian, but not with Jace and Jem  

netherfreak
Captain

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 pm
I think we were suppose to with Jace and Sebastian I just couldnt help but put it together for Jace and Jem tho. I notice awkward things lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 pm
The Solution:

When you see a fangirl, ask her if she read the books.
If she...

Says yes, start freakin' out about it with her.

Says no, tell her to quit makin' it into Twilight. This story is TOO awesome to even get a fangirl hype. It deserves better.

Says what are you talking about...?,
... Punch her in the FACE~! xD  

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Guardian of Agape

Devoted Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:51 pm
Honestly...I'm not really worried because it may attract new fans, but they're not going to ruin the movies --not to mention that MI series is just amazing, is incredibly written, and actually has a point besides choosing a wolf or a vampire, like Twilight...the world that Cassandra Claire created is so intricate and beautiful that the movies just have to be spectacular (I hope!) Also, people will watch these films for the right reasons, whereas people watch the Twilight movies just to see Taylor Lautner shirtless  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:23 pm
Guardian of Agape
Honestly...I'm not really worried because it may attract new fans, but they're not going to ruin the movies --not to mention that MI series is just amazing, is incredibly written, and actually has a point besides choosing a wolf or a vampire, like Twilight...the world that Cassandra Claire created is so intricate and beautiful that the movies just have to be spectacular (I hope!) Also, people will watch these films for the right reasons, whereas people watch the Twilight movies just to see Taylor Lautner shirtless

IKR? If the movie for this isn't as good as the books, THEY'RE MAKIN' ANOTHER ONE. >:3 (I will make them) xD  

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Guardian of Agape

Devoted Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:45 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
Guardian of Agape

IKR? If the movie for this isn't as good as the books, THEY'RE MAKIN' ANOTHER ONE. >:3 (I will make them) xD

lawl yesh agreed...I will too ha  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 pm
Guardian of Agape
Azn_Expo_Marker
Guardian of Agape

KYAH, yes. We will band together and force them to make a PERFECT movie. xD  

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:58 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
Guardian of Agape
Azn_Expo_Marker
Guardian of Agape

I'd totally storm Sony(the corp producing of the movie) and threaten them with a seraph blade XD who's with me?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm
netherfreak
Azn_Expo_Marker
Guardian of Agape
Azn_Expo_Marker
Guardian of Agape

I'd totally storm Sony(the corp producing of the movie) and threaten them with a seraph blade XD who's with me?

MEEEE~!!!  

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

UnknownMyst

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:12 am
I'm sure that there will be new fans that will tune into the movie, and then they'll probably realize they need to read the books so they completely understand the plot. I wouldn't worry too much about it smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 pm
UnknownMyst
I'm sure that there will be new fans that will tune into the movie, and then they'll probably realize they need to read the books so they completely understand the plot. I wouldn't worry too much about it smile

I agree 19038742390472398%. :3
They might like it, but they won't fall in love with it until they watch the movie. >:3

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 am
Honestly, to me the Twilight books weren't bad. People rag on it being all Mary-Sue and what not, but no one keeps in mind that fact that it was ON PURPOSE. Those books were meant to be read by tweeny fangirls to ooo and ahh over sparkly vampires. As were the movies, that's how the franchise is making money.

So as for TMI becoming like Twilight, I doubt it would. It's got a different fanbase, and a totally different feel to it. TMI is for US to enjoy, and I'm kind of excited that it might bring new readers to the series.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:11 pm
unicornsrcoolio
Check this out.D:

OH GOD HELP THEM.
They CANNOT compare Twilight to a story as EPIC as this.
OMG.
PLEASE NO. >O<

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff