Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 5:: Topic: Resources.
what can i do with old paper?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ants In Your Pants

Big Lover

16,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:07 pm
you know you miss write somthing you wad it up
old mail
ect
is there somthing cool i can do with it?
like glass bottles you drink out off you can hang them on a big tree and its pretty ( also works with bells )  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 pm
i make rat toys out of most of my old paper and all of my boxes. most of my trash goes towards making toys for my rats, sometimes even hides or food dishes for my reptiles.
all my leoaprd geckos have a milk cap full of pur calcium, they get a new one each month, and my grested gecko's food dish is also a milk cat which gets changed once a week  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Metal Wallflower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:18 pm
shredder. good to make pet cage litter, packing, temporary filling for pet beds. lots of stuff. we used to use colored scrap for origami art. mags and comics for wrapping paper. if it's regular paper, you can reduce it to make home-made paper for stationary. and i use newspaper under a tea towel to drain fried foods.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:06 am
I agree with the other two posts ^_^

oh, and you can always just reuse it for scratch paper or test paper for your printer  

TheLittleOwl

Metal Wallflower

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am
oh! i forgot the paper airplane contests. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:39 am
You can make homemade paper.

(This works best with newspaper type paper, heavy papers break blenders xd )

1. Shred paper into small confetti sized pieces
2. Put confetti in a blender (recommend no more than half full)
3. Fill blender with water until paper is well submerged and blend on low until the consistency is soupy
4. Pour mix into a low rimmed container
5. Add extras like food coloring, glitter, pieces of thread, flower petals if desired
6. Strain fibers using a piece of screen or mesh (works well if you use a photo frame with screen stretched over it) making sure entire screen is covered
7. Carefully remove paper from screen onto a clean towel or several layers of dry paper. Press flat between 2 towels or between layers of paper.

Homemade paper made this way will be very thick and not the same consistency as store bought paper. To get it flatter you can iron it. Also, if you change the water after you blend it you can remove some of the old ink. Otherwise it comes out grayish without food coloring.  

dragon_of_emry

Shameless Capitalist

10,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Nerd 50

freddie07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:11 am
Thanks dragon_of_emry I've copied and pasted the recipe for making paper and I'm certainly gonna give it a go.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm
i heard you can make bracelets and etc by cutting long triangular pieces. then you put glue all over one side and wrap it around a toothpick. When its dry you can remove it and use it like a bead.  

franKii924

5:: Topic: Resources.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff