Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Mogul Community
Does anyone have an oppinion on the Avatar arena?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AngelRabies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:52 pm
I feel its going to fail again, just because some of the voters are giving high for expensive items, or popularity.

-My apologies if we arent supposed to talk about anything out of the Mogul community-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:29 pm
Yeah, the Mogul community is for Mogul chatting only, but it's okay.

Personally, I feel the same way, but I do hope it succeed. I just wish everything on Gaia succeed. Gives us more way to waste our time gonk  

Seth Cash
Captain

TheDiceman

Amateur Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:34 pm
While a neat idea, it will not work well in the long run. That first wek was prolly the best set of fait voting we will see since at that point not a ton of poeple were paying attention to it (or so it seemed to me, I entered for the hell of it and only walked away with 200 something votes). From here on out, the majority of ratings will increasingly become reliant on how relatively "cool" your equiped items are.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:56 pm
I was going to enter it. I don't know what changed my mind.  

Spear of Destiny

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:15 pm
I like it so far. It seems fair.

No, you don't automatcily get high vote cause you have expenive items. If that was the cause every one with a halo would get great score or every avi with every donation item gets high scores. In fact its the oppisite.

You need too know how to dress. If you have fox item with a flame set the chances are you are not going to win.

I was so happy my last avi I entered was 19(20) over all. No donation item or rares. You can still be cheap and look good.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:51 am
Deism
I like it so far. It seems fair.

No, you don't automatcily get high vote cause you have expenive items. If that was the cause every one with a halo would get great score or every avi with every donation item gets high scores. In fact its the oppisite.

You need too know how to dress. If you have fox item with a flame set the chances are you are not going to win.

I was so happy my last avi I entered was 19(20) over all. No donation item or rares. You can still be cheap and look good.
3nodding you've got to have style!  

Creature of Bassken lake

NightSRok

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:31 pm
If got the style, you got my vote. 3nodding And you don't have to carry expensive things.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:56 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/avatararena/index.php?mode=vote&postid=1156

There vote for me.  

Kawaii Kokezaru

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

preeta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:33 am
I think the avitar arena is okay, nothing in gaia is completely fair. Well, I agree with Deism, I hate overcluttered tacky looking avitars that just have a pile of expensive items on them, if you're that rich might as well look good, I think rich gaians just dress like that to prove that they're rich or something xD User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:40 pm
There's alot of negative attitude towards omgwhat... well, that's not an opinion but an observation.  

Keollyn
Vice Captain

Superhighway

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:56 am
I haven't tried it out myself, but I think it's alot more fair than the Art Arena is. With the Avatar Arena, you have to put in initiative to get the look you want. If you submit a simple sketch that you put a lot of time into to the Art Arena, however, it will most likely be rated low in comparison to the CG art editted, colored and created with programs you can't afford.

At least that's the way I see it, anyway. Just an opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:41 pm
Koke's attempt at vote whoring

Go VOTE FOR ME!@  

Kawaii Kokezaru

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:49 pm
I dunno...Most people seem to just throw on a ton of rare/cool stuff, then enter.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:40 pm
Arena = Gay  

Syrus Wolfe

Mogul Community

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas