Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
The late Redwall books in chronological order...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tansy pansy toogle doo---
  ...Boo!
  Arven!
  Whut?
View Results

Apple -n- Cinnamon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm
May have spoilers....? I dunno, does this count? Do you care? Here's the warning, just in case.

...AND a bunch of white space. Woo.

Okay that's enough.

I was browsing through the Redwall wiki (that glorious, wonderful place!) and found this pertaining to the Sable Quean:
LordTBT
Similar to the last book [Doomwyte], there are no references to previous events at the Abbey or recent novels, however characters and places from a much earlier time receive a few mentions.

I haven't read all the books yet, but I'm working on it. My question is this: If the Sable Quean and Doomwyte make no mention to the books which directly precede them, then they have no definite placement anywhere in the Redwall timeline. :c I don't like that, for some reason. I want all the books to fall within times of each other, or at least mention "the time of the last Abbot so-and-such was 50 seasons ago..." or something like that. You know, a tie-in with the book that chronologically precedes it. Even if it's just a mention in a prologue or something, like is the case with Lord Brocktree. But these novels don't seem to.

I dunno, does that ruffle anyone else's feathers, or do I just have a weirdly tidy mind? I'm not complaining, of course. As a diehard fan of the Redwall series I would never complain about any new addition! And on that note, who's to say the Sable Quean and Doomwyte can be read in any particular chronological order? I'll note that the same quote from the wiki above mentions Sable taking place after Doom, but how did they know if there was no mention of bygone characters in the preceding novel?

How can I make it my mission to read all of these novels in chronological order if a handful of 'em don't have any chronological order? Aaaaa! My braaaiiinn! D: D: D: Brian Jacques just broke it. :c  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm
I just realized that. D: All they refer to is Martin and some old caves that were never mentioned in the previous novels. (Well for Doomwyte I guess). So I guess we can't put them in chronological order.  

XisTiger

Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff