Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight Saga Addicts Headquarter

Back to Guilds

This is guild is for all Twilight fans to hang out, chat and to have fun in general. 

Tags: Twilight, Books, Movies 

Reply Twilight addicts headquarter
To the Writers of this Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Popular or Talented?
  Popular
  Talented
View Results

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:35 pm
So then here's a question for all you lovers of literature:

Is it better to be good or to be popular as a writer?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Good

Lady Rysuka
Captain

Undistinguished

Romantic Gawker

14,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:53 am
My Twilight history is kinda weird, but all wrapped up in your question.

I was on Gaia in the Chatterbox. I found a thread screaming hatred for some books called Twilight. Sparkling vampires and ridiculous vocabulary and a quasi-abusive relationship.

I was like, haha I should read that. I study demonology, religions and mythology. Seeing the latest mythical story line with all it's flaws will make me rofl.

Forgot about it. Ended up in a Costco and found the books, hard cover, ten dollars a piece. Figured, sure. Bought the set.

Read them in just over four days. Loved them.

And I understand the problems. I just don't agree.

Sparkling is a new twist on an old concept. Interesting, in my opinion.

The vocabulary? In reality if he was a hundred a lot of those words wouldn't be used. The old days did not embrace education... but then they did live rich, so perhaps he could afford the books. In reading them I only ever found one word I didn't understand. As it turns out, I did but didn't recognize the context. I use plenty of "large" words but it's just a different style of speaking. I did not find his language that ridiculous at all.

The abuse thing? Easily explained. Though not often well received. Edward was pushy. Controlling. Clingy, even. He wanted to be with and protect Bella from everything. He never hit her, or used rude language. Which results in?

EVERY GIRLS DREAM.

A boy, so in love with you he can't get enough and wants to mend and rescue for every problem you ever have? Why is that fabulous? Because it shows Bella was THAT important/beautiful to him. And thats the addiction to this love story.

My favourite love portion actually is not about Edward. It's all Jacob. When the true love leaves and the world shatters, he is the best friend that brings the sun. That they should have ended up together... well, as much as I adore the concept it would have re-routed the story line. 3nodding Plus, I can COMPLETELY sympathize with Bella. She loved Jacob, but true love comes back. Another shot. Who wouldn't kill for that?

For the record, yes I am a huge Twilighter. Nerd on a daily basis. But also NOT in my teens and I only know who JB is because he started out in my Province. heart  
Twilight addicts headquarter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games