Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
DEAD GUILD IS DEAD. *sob* Mattimeo, anyone? AT ALL? :'<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ARE YOU HERE?
  Yes, within a few hours of this thread being posted!
  Yes, within a day of this thread being posted!
  Yes, within a few weeks of thread being posted!
  Old thread is old. Bother.
View Results

Apple -n- Cinnamon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm
Hallo, you dead guild, you. Right, so I'm rereading all the books (haven't seen 'em since fifth grade, and completely by chance) and I am wondering why Mattimeo wasn't given a grown-up adventure.

For example, there was Matthias the younger (Redwall), Matthias the older (Mattimeo), Mattimeo the younger (Mattimeo), and Martin II the older (Pearls of Lutra).

I wanna see old!Matti + young!Martin II!

Agree, disagree? Discuss?

OH YA. I have an OC suited to the Redwall fandom and I wanna buy arts of him here if that's your cup of tea. /spam  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:49 pm
Never noticed that. I read the entire series last year, but due to my lack of memory, I forgot the books. All I can remember all bits and fragments of it. But I'd like to see if Bryan Jaques would write one, but I see he focuses on new stories now.  

XisTiger

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:16 pm
He may eventually come back to it. I mean, wasn't Luke the Warrior(martin's 2nd adventure) actually the 12th book written in the series or something? It's all about when the inspiration hits, i guess.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:11 pm
HOWHUTREPLIES. :]

Yes, the Legend of Luke was written much later in the series than a lot of the others.

In Pearls of Lutra, Martin II kind of hinted at Mattimeo's wisdom, so he must have had SOME kind of adventures. Surely. It'd be really nice if Mister Jacques returned to Matti, I think... I really liked him. :c

Here's to hoping there's a return to big!Mattimeo and/or little!Martin II. heart  

Apple -n- Cinnamon

Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff