Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
"You can't just BE a jew!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RoseRose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:57 pm
famusamu- I don't think the name started getting used that early, but I could be wrong.

Orange- David was the second king, and the first from the tribe of Judah. Saul, who was killed (along with his children) in war, was not from Judah, though I can't recall which tribe he was from. The kings of Israel, after the original Kingdom of Israel split, were not from Judah, I believe. Only the kings of Judah were.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:40 am
Saul was from benyamin  

famusamu
Captain

love-me-if-you-dare_baby2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:39 pm
you know what? christianity and Judaism should never have crossed!there is no im half jew im half christian, no that is not ok, your either or.in this case, your either holy, or your the son of the devil! (christians being the latter) i have a few questions for any christian in the audience, eh hem, why is it, that in the past, the bible says it was ok, and so naturally everybody felt that is was ok even thoiugh it was not, to do certain things like own people as property, say your better than everybody else, and why dies it say that you can do anything you want, just so long as afterwards you ask for forgiveness, well i guess this is what i should expect from you dirtbags, after Hitler, a christian, thought it was "ok" to kill everyone of us, i hate you all, i dont care if i dont even know you, i hate you, and i hope you all burn in hell. and just to make it clear, jesus, was, a, d**k face. thats right, watcha gonna do? oh, didnt think soooo.... ohhhhh your religion just got burned.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:29 am
Wow, kyaorin, as a Jew, what you said offended ME. That whole idea is so against Judaism... First of all, Judaism and hell, the entire concepts in the Tanach are very very vague, and multiple sources don't agree as to what's in the afterlife. Secondly, while there's some debate, apparently, Christians are considered Righteous Gentiles (assuming they follow the best ideals of their religion) because they follow the seven Noahide laws, so they aren't going to burn in hell.

Hitler's religion is still arguable, too, actually.

As for your last statement, no, they didn't. That was one of the worst disses I've ever seen.  

RoseRose

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:17 pm
You've embarrassed yourself, kyarorin. You obviously don't know what you are talking about, and do not have the foggiest comprehension of holiness, God, love, life, or why you are even here. Shame on you. And, I seriously doubt you are Jewish by faith, whatever you may be by birth. You sound like a disaffected person from a "christian" family learning all your theology from equally ignorant peers.

If you have any real questions, feel free to ask. If trolling, spewing, flaming and mouth-farting is all you have to do, take it to your school counselor. Come back if you're ready to learn something. Just to spell it out: one more outburst and you will be banned.

@Rose - hm, that's the 2nd time I've heard of the Noachide laws. Interesting...
And, yeah, from all evidence, Hitler did not believe Jesus was the son of God and he certainly didn't follow the Christian bible. It seems the Nazis believed in the occult and that whole nonsense about the Aryan race was part of a larger New Age-ish cult based on Mary Baker Eddy's fake religion.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:27 am
Cherry Sodah- No one knows what Hitler believed. There were certainly some Christian Nazis, even some members of the Catholic church, and other churches who helped out the Nazis. Overall, I'm not sure if their religion was anything other than their political stance turned into a cult, or if they were Christian, or atheist, or if Hitler was born Jewish and the whole thing was a rebellion against that... each theory, I've heard, and none have any serious overwhelming amount of evidence for them. I'm sure with a bit of research, one would pop up, but the Nazis as occult-worshipers is not one of the more likely candidates.

And Wiki the laws. I'd heard reference to them before, and there's a decent article on Wikipedia about them.  

RoseRose

STAV_XD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:10 am
famusamu
awrootbeer24
I wonder if I should be a Messianic Jew...I was brought up as a Jew, and as a Christian, and it is hard to find a happy medium. It is impossible to be both.
If you believe in Christ then you ARE a Messianic Jew!

masianic?!
u know she is cant and all the other guys cant be jews just like this
XDאני לא יודע להגיד רבנות באנגלית  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:38 pm
Link_of_Hylia
I've been in a christian family but my dad was jewish (he was converted)
Should I have a Bar Mitsvah?

same here. except im a girl and im thinking of having a Bat Mitzvah.  

iiSecxii_Vampire

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces