Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Conveying emotions through art

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:27 am
I was wondering how all of you convey your emotions through art. When you are in a bad mood, do you draw something that obviously states that you are in a bad mood??? Or do you do the opposite and draw something happy??? Are there times that when you cannot talk about something, you convey it through art??? What are some of the things that you have drawn or have wanted to draw???

For me, I usually draw based off my actual emotions. Most of the time if I'm in a bad mood, I'll have the urge to draw something that shows it. Though there are times when I'm in a bad mood, I'll end up drawing something that might suggest that I'm happy or in a good mood.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 am
when im depressed i over shad things and then end up really heavy  

chaosmusician

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:23 pm
I don't do that. I usually have something I set out to draw. Or I'll just doodle nothing and see what comes out. I can't say I do anything with intent to communicate my emotions. Maybe my thoughts, but not my emotions. Maybe unconscious fear, regret. Simple ideas like emotions... nah.

I just draw whatever s**t comes to me for the most part.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:55 pm
Occasionally I will display my current emotion in my art. Sometimes my art displays whatever is bugging me at the moment, like nagging thoughts, or maybe something messing with my conscience. Sometimes I draw stuff from my dreams, which is technically drawing from my subconscious. Art is a way of communicating, so if you want to display your emotions, no one is stopping you. Didn't Van Gogh display his emotions in his art?  

~FergiGirl~

Tiara_Estella

Shirtless Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 pm
-*-I am INSANE-I am BIPOLAR-I am AFRAID-I am LONELY-I am TIRED-I am LOST-*-

Usually the only emotional effects you can find in my art if the sketch is messy and the lines are dark and thick.

I tend to press really hard and not really think of what I'm doing, after it subsides I either throw it away or work with it and make something out of the mess of black lines.

One of the few that I kept was when I was in class and trying to control myself so I made only a few dark lines, later I kept working with it and ended up with this:Last Draw

*-*I AM what I AM-I don't need you to tell me what's wrong with me-I ALREADY KNOW!*-*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:02 pm
Chaos - I tend to do the same thing. But it's mainly when I have nothing else to do, and there is a drawing in front of my face. I'll go into details that I wouldn't if I were in a better mood (or sleep deprived. I draw best sleep deprived for some reason...)

Errol - I suppose it depends on the situation for most people. I will usually draw something out when I get an idea. But I get most of my ideas when I'm outside my usual mood.

Fergi - That happens to me a lot too. It happens most when I'm in a bad mood though, and need to display some kind of emotion with art.

Tiara - I guess that scribbles can be a way of doing the same thing too. And I can't view the picture that you are trying to show. It says that I'm not allowed to view it or something like that.  

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100

u nd i

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:41 am
I always draw how I feel. I have come out with some pretty rough stuff in my time sweatdrop
But all artists convey emotion in their pieces in one way or another  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am
Laila Izuka
Chaos - I tend to do the same thing. But it's mainly when I have nothing else to do, and there is a drawing in front of my face. I'll go into details that I wouldn't if I were in a better mood (or sleep deprived. I draw best sleep deprived for some reason...)

Errol - I suppose it depends on the situation for most people. I will usually draw something out when I get an idea. But I get most of my ideas when I'm outside my usual mood.

Fergi - That happens to me a lot too. It happens most when I'm in a bad mood though, and need to display some kind of emotion with art.

Tiara - I guess that scribbles can be a way of doing the same thing too. And I can't view the picture that you are trying to show. It says that I'm not allowed to view it or something like that.
-*-I am INSANE-I am BIPOLAR-I am AFRAID-I am LONELY-I am TIRED-I am LOST-*-

lol, whoops, try now

*-*I AM what I AM-I don't need you to tell me what's wrong with me-I ALREADY KNOW!*-*

Tiara_Estella

Shirtless Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items