a little help with garb

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endragh

Friendly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:38 pm
hello for my persona i want to be a jongleur(or a gleemen uf you know them by that name). for those of you who don't know, that is someone like a bard or minstrel but they focus on juggling. anyways i've found information about them but i can't find anything about what they wore. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciative.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:09 am
Have you looked at the Manesse Codex? There are some adorable jongleurs in that particular body of work, and it may give you an idea of what to work with.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:30 am
The Music of Spain by Gilbert Chase makes some mention of jongleurs/juglaresas towards the beginning; you ought to be able to get it through inter-library loan if there isn't a copy near you. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:21 pm
Illuminations are a good place to look for ideas on foolery in general. You also might want to look up images of carnivale in the renaissance.  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:11 pm
Berzerker, who was the juggler at Bardic? If Endragh is in Northshield it might be good to pass along the name.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:50 pm
Sir_Catherine
Berzerker, who was the juggler at Bardic? If Endragh is in Northshield it might be good to pass along the name.

That's Gauge. He's more known in the SCA for fencing than performing, though that was certainly an impressive routine that I will most certainly not scoff at. But his persona is not specifically a jongleur, to my knowledge.  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 am
Are you a wheel of time fan? My mom made me a patched gleemans cloak a few years ago but that's a bit different than a bards cloak  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games