• Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:05 pm
I Carnt Spel
Beatles__Always
Beatles__Always
i have all the albums
i have 14 t-shirts most of them bought from this one store in my local mall,it has a shirt for every Beatles album i would buy all the shirts but there $20 each and i'm saving for Beatles Rockband
i have a John Lennon doll(it talks,it says "All we are saying is give peace a chance" and "Power to the people")i got it from a music store it was the only one there it was $50
i have 5 Beatles posters,A Hard Day's Night,An Andy Warhol one(not the really famous one), a huge one of them in Paris, one of them with umbrellas, and one of just John
i have 3 pictures of them
i have 3 paintings of them(not prints actual paintings) my family always goes to this one shop when they go on vacation and it always has Beatles paintings so my aunts buy them for me
i have a yellow submarine lamp,i got it for christmas
i have all the movies,bought from the same shop as the John Lennon figure
5 books all from barnes&noble
a Bealtes calender (Sgt.Peppers)
i have a Bealtes magizine
Beatles monopoly
a Yellow Submarine wallet,it has cartoon George on it, my aunt got it on ebay itt's awesome
Beatle boots also from my aunt who bought me the wallet

+ 3 more pictures

+1 more shirt

+1 poster
+ 1 picture
a Beatles' Backpack
4 Beatles Glass cups
a Beatles' Blanket
+1 Beatles' Magazine
A Beatles' Puzzle(Abbey Road) [Finished]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:09 pm
I Carnt Spel
I Carnt Spel
Beatles__Always
Beatles__Always
i have all the albums
i have 14 t-shirts most of them bought from this one store in my local mall,it has a shirt for every Beatles album i would buy all the shirts but there $20 each and i'm saving for Beatles Rockband
i have a John Lennon doll(it talks,it says "All we are saying is give peace a chance" and "Power to the people")i got it from a music store it was the only one there it was $50
i have 5 Beatles posters,A Hard Day's Night,An Andy Warhol one(not the really famous one), a huge one of them in Paris, one of them with umbrellas, and one of just John
i have 3 pictures of them
i have 3 paintings of them(not prints actual paintings) my family always goes to this one shop when they go on vacation and it always has Beatles paintings so my aunts buy them for me
i have a yellow submarine lamp,i got it for christmas
i have all the movies,bought from the same shop as the John Lennon figure
5 books all from barnes&noble
a Bealtes calender (Sgt.Peppers)
i have a Bealtes magizine
Beatles monopoly
a Yellow Submarine wallet,it has cartoon George on it, my aunt got it on ebay itt's awesome
Beatle boots also from my aunt who bought me the wallet

+ 3 more pictures

+1 more shirt

+1 poster
+ 1 picture
a Beatles' Backpack
4 Beatles Glass cups
a Beatles' Blanket
+1 Beatles' Magazine
A Beatles' Puzzle(Abbey Road) [Finished]

+1 shirt
an actual LP (the American version for Please Please Me, It's called introducing the Beatles')  

A Tiny Kitten

Rainbow Cat

15,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 am
My collection isn't all that impressive, but I've got one or two jewels. whee

33's

- Help! (Capitol, Soundtrack Ver.)

I found it at a thrift store for 25 cents. It only had the paper sleeve, but it wasn't for the album. It was for a DIFFERENT Beatles album, and a British pressing, at that!

- Rubber Soul (Capitol, 1972 Pressing)

In great condition, I nabbed it from the record lady at the flea market. The only downer is that since it's an American pressing, it doesn't have 'If I Needed Someone' on it. gonk

- Love Songs (Capitol, Compilation set)

The first Beatles record I bought for myself. Picked it up from the lady I always get them from at the flea market for a decent price. It still had the song book with all the lyrics in it (which made me squee when I found it). There's actually an error on the first record; both sides have the printing for Side 1, instead of with one side with Side 4 info.

- The Beatles "White Album" (Apple)

I actually only have the record that has side 1 and 4 on it. I got it as a gift, and it's barely listenable. Lots of scratches and massive gouges. It's pretty much there just to look pretty. gonk

45's

-She Loves You/ I'll Get You (Swan, '64)

For some reason, young people in the Sixties were compelled to stick things to the middle of their 45's. Like, not even just their name. I had to peel off some WEIRD a** stickers to make this thing look presentable. Plays like a dream, though.

- Twist And Shout/There's A Place (Tollie, '64)

Once again, I want to know what compelled people to write things on their 45's. Oh well... I only want them for listenability, and when there's names and other gunk on the middle, I get them for cheaper!

- My Bonnie/The Saints (MGM, '64)

I died when I found this. I unfortunately couldn't nab it immediately, but a week after I found it, I scrounged up the cash to pick it up. It plays like a DREAM, and the only minor wear and tear is the 'The Saints' side, so I kind of don't care. xp

User Image

Solo Stuff

- Extra Texture (Read All About It) (Apple)

I love this record. Not only for it's musical quality, but because of the insert sleeve. Two BEAUTIFUL color photos of George, and you can see him through the title cut out. I won't lie, I may have taken it off the shelf JUST to stare at it from time to time.

- Apple Scruffs/What Is Life (Apple)

There's a bit of a long story with this one. I picked it up without a cinch, but it was the precursor events that make it interesting. A few days prior, I met a bunch of like-minded Fan fiction authors on Mibba. We all got together on MSN, and decided it would be a good idea to collaborate on a story. We decided that the best course of action was to write a story about the 'Apple Scruffs'. (Which, if you don't know what an Apple Scruff is, you REALLY gotta Google that, right now!)

Then I saw this 45 at the flea market for two bucks, and I HAD to pick it up and show it off. blaugh

- Got My Mind Set On You/Lay His Head (Dark Horse)

I got this just because I wanted to rock out with it on my record player. That, and I had never heard of the B-side. I am SO GLAD I got it. I can't find the B-Side ANYWHERE else, and it's such a fantastic song.

- Instant Karma(We All Shine On/Who Has Seen The Wind?

A gift from the same lady who gave me the random half of the White Album. It's in pretty bad shape, but it doesn't skip when you play the Instant Karma side (which to me, is the only side that matters xp ).

I also have a fair collection of other random tid bits.

-'WAR IS OVER' t-shirt
- Fleece blanket
- Yellow Submarine journal
- Olive green t-shirt
- Picture book with rare photos and other interesting factoids
- DVD copy of A Hard Day's Night (That I may or may not watch religiously ninja ).

The only downer to this story is that when I was TEN GODDAMN YEARS OLD, I had Please Please Me, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, The White Album AND The Red & Blue Compilation records.

Then my 16 year old sister decided it would be GRAND IDEA to take them out of their cases, stack them together and stick them in front of a heat register to MELT THEM ALL TOGETHER. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:16 am
I got Sgt. Pepper on vinyl in MONO yesterday!!! It is in excellent (and I mean excellent) condition with the cut-outs and all! The best thing is I only spent $19.97 for it!  

HistoryWak
Captain

HistoryWak
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 am
Doctor Iris Rowley

- Rubber Soul (Capitol, 1972 Pressing)

In great condition, I nabbed it from the record lady at the flea market. The only downer is that since it's an American pressing, it doesn't have 'If I Needed Someone' on it. gonk

What does this Capitol label look like? If it's what I think it is you might have yourself a valuable collectable on your hands. Reason is, around this time they decided to re-release the US albums with Apple labels and the Capitol label design at the time didn't last long on Beatles re-issues since they were quickly redone on Apple labels.

Quote:
- The Beatles "White Album" (Apple)

I actually only have the record that has side 1 and 4 on it. I got it as a gift, and it's barely listenable. Lots of scratches and massive gouges. It's pretty much there just to look pretty.

Yeah, this record is ridiculously hard to find in good condition. Most ones I've found had the cover falling apart and were water damaged. I can't even describe how bad the record itself looked. gonk

The one I have is better than most I've seen but I'm still not satisfied with how it looks. (The cover looks awful but the records miraculously have no scratches on them.) I hope to one day to get one in decent condition.  
The Beatles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff