Reply Community Lounge
Stuff for students to do in LA

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:22 pm
I have a friend who lives in LA (a part of it with no kids his age at all) who is homeschooled. Since there's nobody around and he doesn't go to school, he feels he's getting isolated. For various reasons he can't go to a regular school this year. (In case you're wondering we met through summer camp.) I can't really think of anything he could do to meet other kids his age (15) in his area this school year. Any ideas?

Edit:
Thank you so much for the ideas! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:07 pm
Which area of Los Angeles? It's really big >.>  

Odd Boy Out

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:10 pm
How about sports?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 pm
He could join a sport team or take up martial arts or something of the like. At our local community centre there is a place called the Lair for kids to go hang out after school so he could investigate if the council offers any such youth activities or hang out places. If he is religious he could ask if his church runs any sort of youth group. For some reason, there was a brief period during high school where it became fashionable to go to youth group. I don't know why as most of the people in my grade were not religious. A friend dragged me along once because I was staying the night at her place. I found the experience to be rather painful. This is... not very encouraging information for your friend, is it? Haha... xp  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:00 pm
Go to Disney Land!

Oh not that kind of things to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:26 pm
biggrin I'm going to LA in a few weeks!!! whee My brother's getting married. I hate weddings... sweatdrop But I get to go on an airplane for the first time! A FRICKEN' AIRPLANE!!! blaugh My brother's a Marine so he's stationed out in California at his 4th training camp. ninja He's getting married on Halloween. So I'm missing two weeks of school!!!! The last week of October and the first week of November. xp The whole last week we're there, we're going sight-seeing. Ugh. If I had my way, I'd either be sitting in the hotel room, reading, or riding up and down the elevator. xd

Oh, sorry. sweatdrop Back on topic. I have no clue what your friend could do since I've never been to LA before... The farthest I've gone was California, and that was because Jon [my brother] was graduating from his first military bootcamp. neutral  

GuillotineGirl

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:45 pm
get into the car scene...preferably the Mistubishi Evolution...there's a chapter of Emperor down there, they'll take care of him.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games