Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
trading guilds? - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeon Deity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:55 pm
i'm sorry if i sound like a total noob confused

so i've been wanting to have a guild of my own for quite awhile now and while i was looking for fun guilds to join i saw that some people actually wanted to sell their guilds much lower than the 20k starting fee. i have few questions on this sweatdrop . how does the process work? i know that you dont trade guilds as you would items but thats it. if it doesnt use the official trade system then is it safe? could i possibly get scammed? (i'm a paranoid person sweatdrop ) once its mine can i change the details of the guild? like catagory and front page and stuff. i've never ever owned a guild myself so any help is greatly appreciated 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:50 pm
Basically, What the guild master is saying is "If you want to buy my clan off me, talk to me about it and then send the trade and I'll make you the new captain"

There's plenty of ways for something like this to go wrong, And you getting the short end of the stick so to say.

Although I don't recommend doing something like this, It's up to you.

One thing you'll want to do if you're really considering this is to make sure you don't complete the trade until you're the captain, If he won't do it keep pushing for it. If he wants the money first, And he won't give you leadership, then tell him the deals off becuase he might take your money and run.

If you're seriously considering it, check out the guild and see if it has active members, good rules and guidelines, and if it's manageable. You don't want to buy a guild that nobody's joining or participating in.

Another thing you'll want to check out is how trustworthy the seller is and if you're getting the best deal out of it.

It might get you A head start or it might not, I would just start my own guild though, You'd probably be better off.

Inari No Jutsu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:22 pm
If you're going to do this, make sure that, as Inari No Jutso mentioned before me, that the person seems like a legitimate, trustworthy individual.

A guild I own (the Gaian Glambert Guild, whose link is located in my signature) was actually purchased from another user for a discounted price. It was totally worth it, but then again, that was my situation; both I and the guild seller were extremely cautious and trustworthy, so nothing went wrong. Of course, I cannot say this for everyone else because not everyone is cautious or trustworthy.

Here is what I did.

1. I sent a private message (not a comment, not a forum post) to the seller whose ad I saw in the Registered Guilds Forum, and I made my offer.
  2. The seller and I talked about the specifics of the exchange (what the guild looked like, what it came with, etc.). I took screenshots of every private message we exchanged and I took a screenshot of the thread in which she posted her offer.
  3. She made me a member of the guild, and then I sent the trade with the specified amount of gold.
  4. She made me a Vice Captain right after I confirmed the trade (of which I also took a screenshot). This is the part that requires the biggest amount of trust on the seller's part; I could have (But I didn't! Lord knows I'm better than that.) canceled the trade and banned her from the guild; she would have had proof of my agreeing to the exchange, canceling the trade, and banning her from the guild, and this could have gotten me into serious trouble with the Gaian Administration.
  5. I promoted a mule of mine to the position of Captain, made a friend of mine who paid for 50% of the guild's creation fee a Vice Captain, and we were set!

The most important thing is to make sure that, if the person does wind up scamming you - which they can, if they ban you after the trade is completed - you have all of the needed materials and documentation to prove that this person scammed you out of your gold. You can file a scam report here.

Good luck on all of your guild-related endeavors!

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games