Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Guild Loto Proposal - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightShade Karas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:53 am
This is a question for the Staff.

Would it be allowed if a member were to hold a Loto exclusive to NSTG guild members. Something like 10K since alot of people in here are just starting off with 1g tickets.

The contest could also have a few other mini games in it like a dice roll, random number generator and bump contest.

Proceeds would include a portion to be donated to the guild itself.

Just wondering if this would be against guild rules or not. It would be nice to start something like this in a guild setting and who is in more need of gold then the beginners.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:05 pm
This is not against guild rules; in fact, it's encouraged! That's so kind and generous of you. ^__^

You would want to hold it either in the Donations & Charities Subforum (as to make sure that only members of the NSTG can participate), or you can hold it in the Lotto/Money Games forum (which is public).

If you choose the second option, you would have to specify that only NSTG members are allowed to participate and you would have to ask for some sort of verification that each person is a member of the guild (or you could search through the member-list yourself).

Either way is totally fine as long as you follow and enforce the rules of that forum; if you create it in the Donations & Charities Subforum within the guild, you have to follow and enforce those rules as well as the Donations & Charities Subforum Rules.

Good luck!

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

NightShade Karas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 am
I have tried to start a thread in the Charities and Donations section but have received the below error..

"Could not insert / update topic information."

Is there something I am missing?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 am
That is probably a glitch due to the most recent changes made to Gaia Online (I.E. the new header and footer, especially the latter). If you want to save your progress, I would open a Notepad document and copy + paste all of the coding there so that, in case Gaia flips out on you again, you haven't lost anything. 3nodding

Edit: I was right! Please see this post by Narumi Misuhara, a Developer, for details. It should be functioning now. ^__^

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

NightShade Karas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 am
Thanks I will try it again.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 am
Yay, I got it completed and listed as open in the Donations and Charities section of this guild... I think it would have just been lost in the rest of them under the other section.  

NightShade Karas

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff