Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
ripoff - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EricXHi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:33 pm
i see. so everytime i want to change my hair or eyes i have to buy them again! RIPOFF! on IMVU u buy items one time and they stay in ur inventory. why doesn't gaia do that? last time i was on gaia i was able to wear different colored eyes. i guess they took that away... i do not think u should have to buy these items over and over again.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:37 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...Sweet Dreams

There are lots and lots of eye and hair items on gaia. If you want to change often. Otherwise i dont think its that expensive, or unreasonable.

Why they do this, i don't know. If you are very irked about this i suggest you make, or find an already existing petition, and start pushing your case.

are made of this...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:59 am
No you don't stare You can do things the old fashion way and delete/recreate your avi. I think you should do a bit more research before complaining about a feature made for user convenience.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:55 pm
I understand your frustration, Sullen Chadee. But it must be said that Lanzer has mentioned, multiple times, in Ask the Admin threads that we will never be able to keep hairstyles that we purchase. It is an effective gold sink (which means that it takes gold out of our economy, which helps fight inflation) and it's more like real life - you don't keep the hairstyles you have done at the salon in real life, do you?

If you want to change your eyes without purchasing anything, you can go to your account settings and delete your avatar. Doing so will give you the chance to start from scratch (new skin, eyes, hair), which means that it will delete your current hairstyle and eyes - regardless of how much you paid for either one. Of course, your inventory will remain intact.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas