Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
What's the most bizarre thing...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:49 pm
That you've wanted to do with art??? Ever just have those moments where you wanted to do something out of the box???

Here's an example of what I mean: So yesterday I was watching Ripley's Believe it or Not. And this one lady is an artist who paints with some really fascinating colors. And when her mother died, her body was cremated. Wanting to be closer to her dead mother, the lady painted another picture, and then put some glue on the canvas, and sprinkled the ashes on the painting to create a wonderful painting. She also did this for other people, who brought in the ashes of loved ones and also their pets.

For me I thought that was pretty neat, it was a form of art that you don't see every day. And of course, it brought her closer to her mother (strange, but I suppose that's how some artists are like).

But I've always wanted to paint something out of blood (human and/or animal) to see what happens. It would be something that you don't see every day.

And when I was a little kid, I used to take dandelions that I would find growing it in the grass, and then smear it onto the cement. It created of course a yellow color on the cement. And then that got me thinking of doing that with other planets. Using different colors from plants to color a painting.

Post away and tell what it is that you want to try and do sometime :3 (or have done for that matter).

And of course, no stealing anyone's ideas.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:56 pm
i dream of painting 6-point perspective scenes on spherical canvases. smile . i wake up every morning and think about it. (mostly because it's on my phone morning alarm message.)  

Elsiane

5,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:10 pm
Elsiane
i dream of painting 6-point perspective scenes on spherical canvases. smile . i wake up every morning and think about it. (mostly because it's on my phone morning alarm message.)

That would be really neat :3. Do they even make canvases like that??? o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:12 pm
pretty sure they're a custom order razz but yes, it's been done, some people make a living off selling such paintings. the idea intrigues and amazes me.  

Elsiane

5,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 pm
Well either way, that would be pretty cool :3. I just asked because I haven't been out looking at canvases to paint on for a LONG time. But I hope that you can do that some day, I'd love to see it if you do that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 pm
i dream of cintiq tablets it would be so cash for 2-d and 3-d stuff  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Podium

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:46 pm
Every year around this time, i go to hottopic and but the buckets of blood. I love painting with it. If you want you could try, but i dont reccoment buying a ton you may not like it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:19 pm
Nothing too out of the ordinary.

One of my best friends really wants me to design his next tattoo though, and I'm really honored that someone would be willing to have my art permenantly attached to their skin.

<3  

Twilima

Sazarac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 pm
I have a llama skull that I plan on staining and beading in a Peruvian fashion.

I don't necessarily think it's bizarre, but some people would I suppose. I also have a goat skull that I'm going to carve a lace pattern into, should be very pretty when I'm done.

I've worked with blood BTW, it's pretty disappointing. It's lots of fun to work with unusual pigments. I've done everything from mustard, catsup, rose petals, dirt even makeup. Whatever stains...but for the most part they fade quickly, peel, separate or crack, but it's still fun.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games