Reply Community Lounge
Sometimes things go too far. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:26 am
That man that gave birth still had a uterus! He was still a woman to me. If you have the organs I'm sorry but your sex is whatever the organ are, your gender may be different but not your physical sex.

As for males bodies being based off females, I know you didn't say that I did. At first the males are female in the womb. I could totally believe that we'll become hermaphrodites, however right now we aren't. Also I understand that in today's age it really doesn't matter what gender you are if you want something do it because you can. I think maybe that's why I feel so strongly about making sure that women are strictly the ones making babies and that babies come strictly from a male and a female. The only thing that truly seperates males and females today is the fact that males have a p***s, sperm and can't give birth and females have a v****a, eggs, and can have a baby. And maybe I'm a bit selfish as well, the feeling of knowing that your body made a life from nothing but cells is an amazing one and perhaps I don't want to share it with men. xd

I don't care if evolution is slow, I would still rather it do it's thing than us muck around with it. I thought I heard the other day that they were going to try and clone a dinosaur... maybe it was a dream... I'll have to look around and see. But if I'm right this is bad! Did we not learn anything from Jurassic Park?

It is good to have a debate going again, it gets the ol' noggin going again.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:30 pm
God-Raped-Me
That man that gave birth still had a uterus! He was still a woman to me. If you have the organs I'm sorry but your sex is whatever the organ are, your gender may be different but not your physical sex.

True, he had a uterus at the time of conception. Just a technicality, but he was male at the time the baby came into the world. So I consider him a man. He has male plumbing. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

God-Raped-Me
As for males bodies being based off females, I know you didn't say that I did. At first the males are female in the womb. I could totally believe that we'll become hermaphrodites, however right now we aren't. Also I understand that in today's age it really doesn't matter what gender you are if you want something do it because you can. I think maybe that's why I feel so strongly about making sure that women are strictly the ones making babies and that babies come strictly from a male and a female. The only thing that truly seperates males and females today is the fact that males have a p***s, sperm and can't give birth and females have a v****a, eggs, and can have a baby. And maybe I'm a bit selfish as well, the feeling of knowing that your body made a life from nothing but cells is an amazing one and perhaps I don't want to share it with men. xd

So you take the old school view on this issue and I take the new school view. I think is is sexist to insist that only women be allowed to have babies. Shouldn't everyone be able to experience the feeling of accomplishment from creating a life from within their own body...it is selfish to say only one gender deserves that, in my opinion. But being selfish isn't a crime, so no worries. Loads of women are selfish about the baby making thing because they feel it somehow makes the female gender special. That is rather pathetic in my opinion, I don't see my ability to pop out a baby as making me special because it doesn't, what makes me special is what I do with my intellect and developed talents.

God-Raped-Me
I don't care if evolution is slow, I would still rather it do it's thing than us muck around with it. I thought I heard the other day that they were going to try and clone a dinosaur... maybe it was a dream... I'll have to look around and see. But if I'm right this is bad! Did we not learn anything from Jurassic Park?

*GASP* I'd love it if science really could clone a dinosaur. Jurassic Park was awesome...and I'd love to see live dinosaurs. And I'd remember to bring my survival gear just in case I got to fight the dinosaurs and be one of the survivors. (Mmm...forget turkey legs, I want a T-Rex leg...good eating!) Either way, it would be a great adventure! biggrin
As cool as I think it would be, I'm fairly certain they would not make anything that could eat them, scientists are kind of weaklings...it would be too much of a risk to their well being. And if they did create one, it would be a small one and probably not allowed to live long...in the name of science. I doubt this will really come to fruition.

Back to being serious: I really don't feel like waiting around for evolution to learn about reproductive equality...evolution is just too slow. Science is a bit more effective. This is why I like science. Science game me an iPod, vaccines, asthma medication, TV, food with insane shelf lives, the internet, and skin grafts...just for starters. I really like the track record it has established for itself.

God-Raped-Me
It is good to have a debate going again, it gets the ol' noggin going again.

Yes, that it is!  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:45 pm
I'm totally selfish and don't want to share! There aren't many things I can say that I can do but GTR can't but creating life inside of me is one! And I want to keep that one! Make me special, no different from males, and I like to keep that one up on the guys! (GRM likes competition too, well not when it comes to women taking my man away though!)

As neat as I think it would be to have dinosaurs around, I've always been intrigued by them and wished I could meet one, I don't think it's a good idea. Not only that you would have the people who value all life be up in arms when it came time to kill the dinosaur.

Also, we don't need Ipods, T.V, food with a long shelf life or the internet. As nice as it is to have these, I could totally live off the land, by candle light, use snail mail, listen to the radio, and ride a horse and buggy. But you're right, there are plenty of good things science has done for, well, everything. Mind you there's lots of bad things as well, such as gunpowder! I was going to say bombs, but I'll go back further to the source of it. Fireworks are nice though...

(GRM is getting very tired now and her thoughts are becoming jumbled...)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:32 pm
God-Raped-Me
I'm totally selfish and don't want to share! There aren't many things I can say that I can do but GTR can't but creating life inside of me is one! And I want to keep that one! Make me special, no different from males, and I like to keep that one up on the guys! (GRM likes competition too, well not when it comes to women taking my man away though!)

I think it's too bad you feel that is the only thing that make you different. Surely you have actual talents that make you special.

God-Raped-Me
As neat as I think it would be to have dinosaurs around, I've always been intrigued by them and wished I could meet one, I don't think it's a good idea. Not only that you would have the people who value all life be up in arms when it came time to kill the dinosaur.

Yeah, there's no real need to bring them back, but it still would be cool. And we really don't need to be giving those PETA fools something else to get keyed up over. Of course, we could just feed the PETA people, the crazy ones, to one T-Rex...I wouldn't really mind that!

God-Raped-Me
Also, we don't need Ipods, T.V, food with a long shelf life or the internet. As nice as it is to have these, I could totally live off the land, by candle light, use snail mail, listen to the radio, and ride a horse and buggy. But you're right, there are plenty of good things science has done for, well, everything. Mind you there's lots of bad things as well, such as gunpowder! I was going to say bombs, but I'll go back further to the source of it. Fireworks are nice though...

(GRM is getting very tired now and her thoughts are becoming jumbled...)

Yes, I do need those things because they make my life happy. If I don't have the things that make me happy, other people will be really really miserable. If we went back to bare basics, I would have to become one of those tyrant overlords that crush everyone else's spirits and rules the civilized world. Because when I'm bored I become evil. Technology keeps me happy, sane, and not-evil. You don't want to mess with that balance!

Granted, I actually know how to survive without technology, I just think it would bore the ever loving crap out of me. Simpler times seem appealing to us because our lives are so complex now, but in actuality after living like that for an extended period of time, very few people would not want to go right back to their complex lives. Just because we can survive on just the bare basics like the original natives does not mean life would be better. We would be more vulnerable to adverse weather conditions, disease, famine, and poverty. Most people would not function well at all if taken out of their current lifestyle.

That being said, I don't doubt that you would be able to survive on the bare basics...but most people in today's society would fail.  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:29 am
I can figure skate and I'm much too empathetic! That's about it. I don't have a defining feature, I don't have a unique view on life, I'm not horribly tall or short, I'm just average in every other way. Kinda sad actually...

As for feading those PETA freaks to Mr. T-Rex.... OK!!! I'll do it with you, as we can feed the rest of the crazy extremest people to him as well.... however, would that make us crazy extremest people as well?

I bet if we never had those things Thal, you would find a way to keep yourself happy. People used to be able to keep themselves happy back then. I also agree that it would be harder to survive and we would probably be in more pain that we typically are now... especially when it comes to birthing stare . I also agree that people would go crazy if they didn't have certain luxuries that they have now.

I would too be able to survive, in fact I would much rather do it that way. I know how to take care of farm animals, fields, and I know how to harvest. Where I grew up there were mennonites everywhere and I would talk and even go to their farms, I listened to the stories that my grandparents told me and my parents also know how to live off the land. On top of that GTR is native and he and his family all know natural remedies, how to make clothing out of animals and plants and they also know how to build. On top of that I'm not a social human. If I could go and live with just my family up in mountains I would.

Now if things hadn't changed to what they would I would be living in a castle as my grandfather was. He wasn't the first son born, he was the 2nd, but regardless the family would live there. I WOULD BE IN A CASTLE DAMMIT! Oh well.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 am
God-Raped-Me
I can figure skate and I'm much too empathetic! That's about it. I don't have a defining feature, I don't have a unique view on life, I'm not horribly tall or short, I'm just average in every other way. Kinda sad actually...

Aw, but we love just the way you are.

God-Raped-Me
As for feading those PETA freaks to Mr. T-Rex.... OK!!! I'll do it with you, as we can feed the rest of the crazy extremest people to him as well.... however, would that make us crazy extremest people as well?

Nope, we aren't extremists, and we aren't crazy. We aren't the ones making the dinos, nor are we saying the dinos should live in a world that would be of set from it's balance by their very presence. PETA people, the extreme ones, like to rally for any animal cause without thinking about the eventual ramifications of their actions. Letting that T-Rex live means they need to provide it with a food supply. Better them than us. wink

God-Raped-Me
I bet if we never had those things Thal, you would find a way to keep yourself happy. People used to be able to keep themselves happy back then. I also agree that it would be harder to survive and we would probably be in more pain that we typically are now... especially when it comes to birthing stare . I also agree that people would go crazy if they didn't have certain luxuries that they have now.

Oh, I'd find a way to keep happy. It is called world domination!

Back then people farmed and tended to animals all day then went to bed as soon as it got dark. The peasant class was barely scraping by and they didn't seem like a particularly happy lot. Only the richer classes seemed to have any time for frivolous activities for the most part. But they had to be proper all the time...that's no fun for me. The pirates, they had a lot of fun. I suppose I could have been a pirate and been happy...

God-Raped-Me
I would too be able to survive, in fact I would much rather do it that way. I know how to take care of farm animals, fields, and I know how to harvest. Where I grew up there were mennonites everywhere and I would talk and even go to their farms, I listened to the stories that my grandparents told me and my parents also know how to live off the land. On top of that GTR is native and he and his family all know natural remedies, how to make clothing out of animals and plants and they also know how to build. On top of that I'm not a social human. If I could go and live with just my family up in mountains I would.

Yeah, I know you'd be able to survive, lol...I already said I knew that.

I lived in the mountains in Europe for a few weeks in a house without electricity or plumbing (seriously gross). Granted, I did not need to farm or tend to livestock while there. I could, I know how and I've done it before, but I'm glad I didn't need to do it. But I was seriously bored because there was very little fun to be had on the mountain. I got sick of hiking, flower picking is boring, and cow tipping is heavily frowned upon in Switzerland. Thankfully I had brought a few books and drawing supplies with me. I'm guessing fun back in the old days was getting drunk and/or having a lot of sex. Those things never get old!

God-Raped-Me
Now if things hadn't changed to what they would I would be living in a castle as my grandfather was. He wasn't the first son born, he was the 2nd, but regardless the family would live there. I WOULD BE IN A CASTLE DAMMIT! Oh well.

Actually, given that scenario, so would I. Apparently, with my lineage I'm of noble birth. And one of my relatives was an actual king. Yes, it was a very long time ago, but I am of noble birth.

As it is, my family owns a mansion in Europe. Talk about messed up. wink  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:26 am
GRM read wrong and thought you said "I doubt you'd be able to survive".... Sorry. I could see you being a Pirate and loving it! So there's something where you would be happy!

Even the lower class people were able to make themselves happy, they would hold small dances, and gatherings. they would celebrate things together. I actually like to think of back then because everyone was much closer to each other friend wise.

Being royalty would be awesome! I wouldn't be one of the greatly known ones but I would be royal enough to be in the castle. Somehow I'm related to Mary, Queen of Scots. GTR is actually the great great grandson of a princess in a native tribe. Our kids are set. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 pm
I'd make a great pirate too! I just don't think others would be too thrilled about it.

The lower class did have festivals and other occasional celebrations...I think they'd have been suicidal if they didn't. There really wasn't a lot else for them to look forward to back then. I don't know that they were close so much to be friends as to survive. Times were harsh then and you needed to have as many allies as possible during wars and harsh winters and famines and plagues...it was very hard to survive as a loner, though it could be done by the rare few.

Being royalty would be awesome aside from the wars and threat of uprisings. And having to be proper all the time would put a cramp on my style. But it was better than being poor. Oh, and now I have the knowledge to handle siege warfare, so I'd be all set!

Wow, did we get side tracked from the topic, lol!  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:18 pm
Ya... we kinda did. However it was all debate and I believe justifiable!

I would LOVE to be dressed up all the time and looking like a doll where ever I go! I didn't even clue in until earlier this year but my grandparents were very high society! They went to balls all the time and always dressed up to go out in public. I was like Durr. Man if only my family was like that here. I have a few very well off relatives over there, one of which I may ask about helping me out with school, a second cousin of mine that adored me when she came to visit! She offered me a job raising her horses there! I would have had a house and a car and school all payed for by her! I wish I could have gone...

Right back on topic. At least with being able to mix and match your baby before hand you can be sure that it won't come out looking like something you leave floating in the toilet after you have violated your own nose.

(GRM is cracking up at how she worded that... Please tell me someone is doing the same....)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 pm
Your phrasing got me to chuckle! mrgreen  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:30 am
*shakes head at GRM's most recent imagery* xD eww..

hmm... i think there was a movie about this very topic, called "the baby formula". not sure if it's out yet. 3nodding

it looked interesting, a cute story line ^^
genetically, i'm not sure if it's possible yet to have two women or two men reproduce strictly from their own genes, but i do know that one of the two sexes (can't remember which) carries both the X and Y chromosome. so it may or may not be possible yet, but it might be in the future.

screwing with genetics? ehhhh... well i understand why it would make a lot of people uncomfortable. and it'd definately be unethical to test... because what kind of life will a genetically fabricated child have? any testing done might result in a dolly the sheep type situation, where the kid has a short life span that ages them rapidly O_O
where someone, either made the regular way, or made by genetic enhancements, winds up with a really hard life (medically and otherwise)... and when there's bad consequences for the 'test subject' of genetic experiments... that's when i draw the line. that's not cool.
(there's another movie called "my sister's keeper" ...watch the preview and then you'll understand why i have a problem with that bit).

but on the other hand, stem cell research actually has promise of being really good for people ^^
one of the major issues so far is that if artificially made human organs were made, they wouldn't be able to function properly becayse that tissue has to be able to grow and be excercised the same way as ones already inside people. again, i don't think we're far from it working.

and the customized babies? rolleyes that's just ridiculous.
either you want a kid and you love YOUR child, flaws and all, or you find someone else who will take care of your kid. none of this "oh gee, i think i'd like a green eye'd baby" s**t. neutral
i know that one of the benefits is to make sure the kid doesn't suffer from genetic disorders... but come on! removing key qualities from a kid's DNA? THAT's not natural. and in a way we kind of need genetic disorders, first of all, from a bio-diversity standpoint, and second, because life isn't all peaches and roses. people are going to have hardships in their lives, and some of the happiest people out there are the people with severe medical problems. talk2hand

*could go on for days about genetics and issues and bio-diversity, but will stop ranting here* mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:19 pm
God-Raped-Me
I would just like to say right now, I'm going to be hated for this, and I don't care. So if you're going to use the "You're a horrible person" don't bother because I don't care. I just want to see what everyone's opinions are.

Lin posted on Facebook that in the UK lesbians who have children can both be registered as parents. It's about time!

This is where I got thinking though. Is it possible yet for 2 women to have a child with their genes (both be biological parents) and if so, I don't agree with it! I'm pretty sure gays can't do this yet being male and all. Why don't I agree with it? For the same reason I don't agree with the idea of a man birthing a child. It's not natural. Humans have never been able to create offspring with the same sex and I believe that's how it should stay! They can adopt children together or have children with the other sex, but not with the same sex. It's great and nice and all that they can, I just don't agree with it. I believe that in doing this we're ******** around too much with genetics. I'm sorry but if you're a lesbian adopt, not like there isn't enough, or have a child with someone of the other sex who will let you raise the child.

Everything we do is natural. If it can be done, it is natural.

This is no more or less natural than tool use or nest building.  

Milk and Holy Water

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:20 am
Milk and Holy Water
God-Raped-Me
I would just like to say right now, I'm going to be hated for this, and I don't care. So if you're going to use the "You're a horrible person" don't bother because I don't care. I just want to see what everyone's opinions are.

Lin posted on Facebook that in the UK lesbians who have children can both be registered as parents. It's about time!

This is where I got thinking though. Is it possible yet for 2 women to have a child with their genes (both be biological parents) and if so, I don't agree with it! I'm pretty sure gays can't do this yet being male and all. Why don't I agree with it? For the same reason I don't agree with the idea of a man birthing a child. It's not natural. Humans have never been able to create offspring with the same sex and I believe that's how it should stay! They can adopt children together or have children with the other sex, but not with the same sex. It's great and nice and all that they can, I just don't agree with it. I believe that in doing this we're ******** around too much with genetics. I'm sorry but if you're a lesbian adopt, not like there isn't enough, or have a child with someone of the other sex who will let you raise the child.

I am an old ATG member =]

If you want to ignore how we humans have evolved our mind and are currently seeing the world then yes your sentence is correct.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:58 am
Shram
Milk and Holy Water
God-Raped-Me

I am an old ATG member =]

If you want to ignore how we humans have evolved our mind and are currently seeing the world then yes your sentence is correct.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
Captain Shram has answered your thread

I'm not sure I understand your comment.

I was stating that, as a part of the natural world, which we humans most definitely are, and evolution being what it is, it is only natural that we would develop the technology to do anything. This is simply tool use. This is as natural as nest building is natural in mammals. Think of it as an advanced survival trait. Using a weapon to take down a beast for food. No one would say hunting is not natural for humans. Neither is doing anything possible to pass your genetic material on with your ideal mate.

Whatever we do, we, as a part of the natural world, are acting in accordance with nature.

I'm not ignoring how we humans have evolved our minds. My statement can only be correct if you take into account that evolution is natural process, the memetic evolution of of our culture and sciences as well.  

Milk and Holy Water

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:46 am
I understand what you're saying Milk, I still believe it's going too far. Where will we stop? What if we determin in the future that no new children are allowed to be born but instead we just keep cloning ourselves? What will happen to natural evolution?

I love science and all, but I don't want to see science come to such a point where it destroys what nature has been working on for years!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff