Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
The Trials/ Tests of Life

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

000MrZero000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:52 am
I am firsthand experiencing the tests of God. Although not Muslim, I have great respect for this religion and look forward to receiving my copy of the Qu'ran and learning more about it.

I am following Ramadan and love the idea of working with God to better my soul/body/mind by fasting all day, and above all showing love and respect to the Creator.

Already though, my Aunt and my Mum have already asked if I am becoming Muslim,and what was I doing by following a practice of another religion? I have heard so much negative feedback just from these two and media hype that it is ridiculous. :/ Is it disrespectful for me to follow in the fasting?

God tests me is all I can think. Can I stay true to my beliefs? Can I be as open as I want? Knowledge and understanding is very important to me and it's disappointing that my family doesn't seem to understand my point of view on this.

How can one learn if one never tries to learn?

Any other feedback or ideas on this? Peace and Blessing to all.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:03 pm
I dunno, I may be too young, but have heard many of Dr. Zakir Naik's speeches and they are truly very influential.
As far as I understand (not talking according to his speeches, just what I basically understand) try to know what your own Holy Scripture has. What does it have and what doesn't it have? After understanding that, go and compare with another. Which one do you think is more logical and/or suitable for a well and healthy lifestyle and society? Apperently, this is what most people who convert to different religions do. They research and find which one they think is better and convert. Forcibly converted or some other reasons excluded.
Want a peach? I'm eating one right now. biggrin  

seurot-hell-rider

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
Chatterbox/charity

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items