Reply Fanfiction
L chooses a successor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gnostic Intolerant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:02 pm
This is another one of my fanfictions. It takes place after my first fanfiction where L reveals Light as Kira. Hope you enjoy.

L decided that he would choose who would be his successor. He limited it to three. Matt, Mello, and Near. The next day. He met with the three and said, "One of you will be my successor. The challenge will be to beat me at chess."

After hours of playing, L beat all three wammys.
L then said, "Well, you all are failures at that. Well, the next challenge will be to find something i've hidden. It is something of each of yours. Not too big. But not unnoticable, at least not if you are a wammy."

Matt found out that L hid one of his games. Mello found out that L hid his prized chocolate bar. Near found out that L took a piece to his favorite puzzle.
They all searched near and far but only, Near and Mello found what they were looking for. Matt returned empty handed.
"Matt, i'm disappointed. Oh well, heres your game. L went into Matt's room, took out a case of one of Matt's other games and in it was the game.
"Matt, you can leave. Mello and Near, on the other hand..." L stared at them, emotionless. An odd silence approaching. "YOU GUYS DID GREAT!" L patted them on the back. "Take a break and relax, prepare for your final challenge."
An hour later, L called them back in. L said, "We have a case. I've decided to let you handed it.
Near smirked. "This will be easy."
"Don't be so quick to judge." Mello said.
"Don't get so upset that you can't beat me." Near commented.
"Why you little punk!" Mello yelled.
"Both of you, stop it." L said.
Mello and Near shut up immediately. Near said, "Do we have any suspects."
L replied simply. "No. You are to do this on your own. All i will tell you is that a string of murders has gone on. Each victim has had markings on them. Your to find clues and make suspects.
The next day L sat in his chair finding clues of his own. Deducting theories, and eliminating suspects. He came up with just one suspect at the end of the day- Suzuka Kiririshi, an art master who specializes in caligraphy.
The next day he called Near and Mello to him together. "Well, did you find anything? Did you find who did it?"
Near nodded, but so did Mello. They both said. "Suzuka Kiririshi. He was an art master who specializes in caligraphy. He was an insane serial killer and each time he killed someone he left a mark, a sign to show that it was him."
"Very good, both of you. Now, since both of you have gotten this far, and both of you did solve the murder correctly you will be pitted against eachother. You must play eachother in a gae of chess. The idea isn't to just play the game, it's to think ahead of your opponent.
Hours passed during the game, it was in a dead heat. Near checked Mello, Mello checked Near, until Near made a final move chackmating Mello and ending the game.
"Well played Near, Mello," L announced. "Unfortunately, there can only be one successor, and that will be Near. Congrats, Near. Nice try, Mello." L said as he walked away.
"Nicely played Mello. You've gotten better, but..."
"Uh, you can stop there Near." Mello said as he walked away, leaving Near alone with one of his puzzles.
Near smiled, "That was easier than i thought."
If you liked reply.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:20 pm
i like it! thought it was funny and creative that Matts game was hidden in his other game lol! good job blaugh  

moonlight_thief_dark

Fanfiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff