Submit

private or public?
  public school (freedom xD)
  private school (good education XP )
View Results

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:48 am
I'm sticking with public school since I've always been a public schooler.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:40 am
Chexley
Education-wise, yeah, I'd say I'm well-rounded. The only proficiency exam I had to retake was math. Math's not my greatest subject. xd

I only remember my younger days in school because I raised hell constantly. I was a loud mouth and bullied kids. I actually got into a fight with another girl over a pnecil. A PENCIL.

Haha, I was the same ! ...Wait, I still AM the same, about math, anyway.
Never liked math. Sucks having an ex-math professor as your mother, too.

I was a MEAN kid. Hahaha. Most of my fights were with the boys in school, too. Kicked their asses. I was certainly a tough cookie.

Though I calmed down, a bit. I outsmart people with my wit, rather than my brawns. Though that was more of a forced option rather than a choice I could make. I'm small for my age. ;w; I can't really come on to some 6'0" guy.  

Yeonie

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 am
ninja Psh, forget tango-ing with a 6'0" male. I have enough trouble wrestling with my boyfriend and he's the same size as I am. The only difference between him and I is his manly mechanics and his gut. ninja

This just struck me: Does anyone have something similar to what my county calls a "magnet school?" A magnet pretty much caters to a specific thing. The school can be within a public school. That's where I went during my high school years and it's... not quite private. See, my school was a performing and visual arts (+language, but that program's being eliminated... yet another long a** story that I would rather avoid) and anyone who wanted to go there had to audition.

I'm not sure about the other magnets, but that's how it went down where I went. Most of the other schools were more math/science oriented. There was another school that was for various fields (it pretty much got students ready to work after high school; I believe they even provided them with jobs/job suggestions). My zoned school had aviation and nursing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:56 am
We have those near me too Chexley. They are for high school only I think.
They cater to arts or sciences mostly and you have to apply to them and being recommended helps because they only take so many students from the area.
Usually kids who have been in special programs within their elementary schools have better chances to get into them.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 pm
...them being religious had nothing to do with it.

actually, they were far from it.

it was more of the fact that going to an girl's school, they only saw boys on the weekends, or after school.

You're pretty much the same, considering the long periods of time we spend apart.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 am
@Elcia: I was introduced to magnet schools in middle school. I wasn't too keen on going to another school. Things also weren't explained thoroughly enough to me, so the added insecurity didn't help.

As far as I know, there are magnet schools for all levels of education (excluding college, of course because we all know you can go for what you want in a college xd ).

@Arc: I was being sarcastic, though, I'm glad I can match up to those all-girl's school girls.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

wolfgrl12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:13 am
I've been to awhole bunch of schools all public. and after a little bit you kinda wish you went to a private school sometimes. but then of course people think of you as a private school snob. well either good. i go 2 public right now and pretty smart soo either  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:19 am
i am not in school anymore and i hated it when i had to go. proud graduate class of 1991-92!  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers