Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Funny/Epic D&D Moments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:04 am
Arc's game, Keep on the Shadowfell:

We came to a big rune/symbol on the floor, and were hesitant about stepping on it. My character mostly because of having fallen in a pit trap full of rats earlier in the game, due to an inconspicuous bit of floor .. so stepping on a big rune on the floor was a bit of an "Um, pass!"

Anyway, we end up finding out (through the use of holding our arms over it) that being over it doesn't set it off. So, its' decided to jump it. Kabi goes first, makes it, and doesn't set the rune off. The rest of us are (likely) preparing to jump too, when Kabi's intelligence score comes into play...

Rain Yupa
Kabi looks back at his allies, and shrugs. "Well, I'm at a loss."

Then he walks back across the symbol.

... Setting it off. I just thought this was hilarious (and I think Arc did too.. ) so I figured I'd resurrect an older thread and share - at the same time!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 am
Reevinja Mk II
Arc's game, Keep on the Shadowfell:

We came to a big rune/symbol on the floor, and were hesitant about stepping on it. My character mostly because of having fallen in a pit trap full of rats earlier in the game, due to an inconspicuous bit of floor .. so stepping on a big rune on the floor was a bit of an "Um, pass!"

Anyway, we end up finding out (through the use of holding our arms over it) that being over it doesn't set it off. So, its' decided to jump it. Kabi goes first, makes it, and doesn't set the rune off. The rest of us are (likely) preparing to jump too, when Kabi's intelligence score comes into play...

Rain Yupa
Kabi looks back at his allies, and shrugs. "Well, I'm at a loss."

Then he walks back across the symbol.

... Setting it off. I just thought this was hilarious (and I think Arc did too.. ) so I figured I'd resurrect an older thread and share - at the same time!

Lol, classic! >.<  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:10 pm
There's a reason why my Monday Night RL gaming crew never lets me come up with any plans.

Which is only half-fair. The other half of my characters are actually smart enough to come up with decent plans; but they don't trust me anyways. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:29 pm
Our group, encountered four young white dragons, in an attempt to save a local town from it's own greedy politicions. Allow me to set this stage for you...

Our party consisted of two Warlocks, a Half Fang Dragon/Sun elf Wizard, a gnome illusionist, a female human Fighter/Barbarian who had died in a previous battle as was resurected as a male halfling via a wish, and a very young copper dragon bard who obsesses over topaz (who we have nicknamed the "Kender Dragon")

The Figher, true to the barbarian nature, rushed into the four dragons, no armor, and using longswords tailored for a medium character (the player isn't all that bright). Wishing to distract the four white dragons, the Kender Dragon begins to sing (also trying to buff her party). In an earlier adventure, she acquired a robe of topaz and put it on, strutting around the cave singing. I, being the DM, made the mistake of asking, "Which song are you singing?"

She gets this smile on her face and replies, "I am singing 'Love Machine'... in Draconic."

(For those unfamilar with the song)

This, obviously, got us all laughing, imaging a cat-sized copper dragon strutting around, going, "Roar rarrar rar rar rar rar" to the tune of Love Machine.

To make it worse, the illusionist, being the prankster of the group, created a stage and backup singers using greater image. This led to the dragon singing YMCA in Draconic with the backup singers being the D&D equivalent of the Vilage people, (City guard for the cop, Orc Barbarian for the Native American, etc)

I don't think ive ever laughed so hard at a D&D game before or since.  

mdbear84

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Mikashi Bartonsier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:31 am
Alright, I have a couple of good stories, one is funny and the other is just really badass.

7th level 3.5 campaign, house-rule was there was no magic-based characters, so we have a bow-happy Ranger (me), A human barbarian, A goblin wildmage (this guy was always creative with his characters), a cleric, and a fighter. We get ambushed by a large group of orcs in the middle of resting (again) naturally I'm as far back as possible trying to fend them off with my +1 Composite Long bow of Strength +3 (yes I still remember what it is) when suddenly the orcs send our barbarian into rage... he's the problem, when he rages he loses all since of friend and foe... and he's looking at me. Miraculously, we manage to calm him down before he cleaves my character in half. He attempted to kill me three times after that... he succedded twice.

Here is our really badass moment...

This is about after the first time I was killed off and ressurected. We were still fighting off orcs but had come to find out through yet another ambush that they are able to ride Wyverns. We rest up for the night before a big battle against them the next day... at this point our party now consists of two human barbarians, my ranger, half-troll barbarian (the wildmage guy) the same cleric and the same fighter... and the fighter finds a Wyvern stinger sticking out of his chest... he's as good as dead... Turns out the leader of the wyvern riders had decided to fight us personally. In the scramble to get our equipment back the wyvern and his rider took off again... and I'm the only character with a bow, yes the same bow. The beast was a couple hundred feet up, so I was taking attack penalties like crazy, and the only helpful thing I had was an arrow of command. Command word: sleep. After a long shot that I barely landed and a bit of luck on the wyvern's will save... we start seeing this thing plummet to the ground. The dragon was finished off by the barbarians as the rest of the group distracted the overpowered rider... we lost our fighter and a barbarian in that fight but it was totally worth the loot... seeing as how we skinned the wyvern and sold the skin for bookoo gold.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 am
this is my favorite story, for my favorite class lol not really funny unless you're me XD but it still shows how good a class can be when used right, and that wizards and barbarians aren't the best damage in the game. epic level game level 24chars mine was rogue/assassin who before game everyone said how weak and stupid my char was...
blah blah blah long story short Sneak attack on a Dorw
Me: ... hmmm I think it dies.
DM: No it has alot of life, this is epic level how much damage did you do?
Me: one sec im still calculating.....
Dm:...*a few minutes go by* Umm hello? how much damage did you do?
Me: not done calculating....
DM: ...wtf...how many dice are you rolling
Me: my Sneak Attack dice...
Dm: yeah how many do you get
Me: well im using everything on this boss soo....300+D6
Dm: WHAT THE ********! you do 300+D6 damage!?
Me: yep, and I get to re-roll all ones....so it takes me awhile
Dm: that's impossable what the ******** you did something wrong, let me see your sheet....
so I showed him my sheet, and what I did and I was right....neways I ended up doing something like 857 damage
DM: ... Rogue loses sneak attack, and all enemies have true sight
Me: aww...
this was done using all WoTC offical sources and books, with a char that had an ECL+0 and LA+0
Rolling 300+ D6 and rerolling all 1 takes along time =x my computers dice roller wouldn't even go up that high lol thus is why I love rogues =3  

Seiryna

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:17 am
Over 300d6 sneak attack at level 24? That seems off to me o.o'

Though, for similar characters with a big one-shot attack, I tend to have all the calculations done ahead of time somewhere on the sheet, so I can proceed with lulz faster.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 pm
Rain Yupa
Over 300d6 sneak attack at level 24? That seems off to me o.o'

Though, for similar characters with a big one-shot attack, I tend to have all the calculations done ahead of time somewhere on the sheet, so I can proceed with lulz faster.

yeah I didn't know it was gonna be that much lol
it was pretty much catch target off guard SA, with epic DW, with haste make all hits with wraith strike, boots of tempral acceleration my turn again, lingering damage kicks in, he takes my SA damage again, + this rounds SA damage, then I had a belt that could make me go again, used it lingering damage kicks in he takes SA damage again + this rounds SA, so the final damage looked something like this just for SA....90D6+lingering damage+90D6+lingering damage+90D6, and thats not including weapon damage, or str mods....she could only do it once a day, and it left her exhastued, shaken, dazed, and confused...but hey once a day was enough to make the DM hate me. and she suffered greatly for it XD looking at her char. sheet now lol Level 24 Rogue10/assassin14. HP 134 AC 25, Touch AC24 I build my chars more for RPing then combat...it was one of those this has gone on way to long dungeons I'm just gonna go all out to see what would happen moments for me XD

OS: for those who don't know Lingering Damage is an Epic level feat for rouges that makes it so on the rogues next round, the target of last rounds Sneak Attack takes the damage from Sneak Attack again, its insanly over powered and broken, but hey if you can make it to level 24 as rogue you should be rewarded for your efforts >=/ we don't get to blast people with spells, or have hundreds and hundreds of HP/AC Lingering Damage is kinda our HA! you guys all laughed at me for the past 23 levels, well whose laughing now ability >.>' all we get is our wits and our daggers...think its part of their appeal for me XD  

Seiryna

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:48 pm
Mine's pretty much a cliche epic, like something you'd see Captain Falcon doing.

Basically, most of the party was on it's last legs fighting this crazy-scary Psychic Warrior/ Blackguard guy. We had managed to take down his fiendish servant, and drop his Bearded Devil cohort, but he was obviously going to win the fight if someone didn't come up with a plan.

Well, a friend of mine and I were conspirating behind our DM's back, spending our money on upgrades for our characters (we're both Warforged; I'm a Charger, he's a Scout.) A few things to know about my guy: He's big, loaded with weapons, those weapons are loaded with magic, and there's a few ritual-and-feat combinations used in Savage Species (I play 3.5 Edition) that made my guy's final words pretty painful.

The blackguard charges us just as I activate everything on my weapons. I go in for a kill with my vicious, flaming burst, psychokinetic burst, shocking burst, spiked gauntlets. In addition to the energy damages dealt, I scored a critical hit, which was taking out a chunk of his health in a powerful hit. But, vicious causes a blast of energy that hits you, too. I took six points of damage, I was at -4 (Warforged with the Diehard feat can still fight when reduced to negative hit points at no penalty, but they still die when reduced to -10.) This puts me at -10 hit points. The feat combined with the ritual (Final Strike combined with Ritual of the Elements, basically causing you to explode with a burst of elemental energy designated to your subtypes, and I had all of the elemental subtypes.) The resulting explosion took the bad guy down hard, reducing him to a smoldering, magically-infused heap of human dust.

The other players looked at me, and then watched as the DM took the blackguard's figurine off the setup. One of the guys got up, pulled out his iPod, and hooked it up to a set of speakers. We played 21 guns by Green Day as they lifted my guy off the board.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff