Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
Top 10 Stupidest questions you've been asked Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:30 am
i have to be honest with you, i wouldn't ever be able to judge for myself if a question that i ask aboout something i don't know is stupid or not. so... i guess the question is a moot point? odds are though i HAVE asked alot of stupid questions, considering i tend to be very dense, if an intelligent person. ._.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:40 am
Monoh
Opps forgot to post my questions ^^;;

1-Do you live in a tent in the middle of the desert?? (I did! But I had to move since I didn't have a place to plug my laptop and my DSL sucked!!)

2-Do you like, go to school in dune buggies?? (nope camels, dune buggies are for collage students!)

3-Do you have any buildings or real estate developments? (Uhm, apart from the Palm Islands and biggest indoor ski slope and huge malls and the soon to be longest tower in the world? rolleyes )

4-Do you have any famous clothes shops? (I was wearing a suite from Mango and a scarf from Accessories and my Aigner watch when I was asked that!!)

5-Do you eat any meat? (I was holding a tune sandwich -_-)

6-Do you wear cloths underneath the abayah? (Yes, otherwise I would give one hell of a peep show when the wind blows!!)

7-Do you believe in Jesus ? (uhm yes, he is one of the holy prophets stare )

8-Can you have non-Muslim names? (After I said that my name is Mona which is pretty international as far as I know -_-;; )

9-Can you swim in the ocean? (Yes, and we have ladies clubs/days for that sort of thing neutral ) I was wondering if she was going to ask next if we melt

10-Do you have raisins? (....what...the.....?..... eek ) I almost burst into laughter in her face

(and a few more XD)

11-Does it rain in your country?12-Did you ever see hail stones?
13-Do you marry family only?
14-Do you drink/have a boyfriend? stare

And many more I forgot xp

Oh most of these questions I got asked when I am on holiday abroad or by tourists lol

The ones in bold made me Lol.  

Guardian of Peace

almisami

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:08 am
I don't recall asking an obviously stupid question, but l've already made a presentation about major religions and, afterwards, someone came up to me and said ''Wow, yo do lie well. I can't believe the teacher bought that Islam is based on Christianity.'' *And then all his friends laughed.*

I facepalmed myself to sleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:17 am
The only question I've had like that is "Are you a muslim?" (perhaps there are many non-muslim hijabis out there that we don't know of :>)

I've had fun experiences with the kids in my class when I was a teacher. It was an Islamic school, and these kids (4-5 years old) live in mostly immigrant populated neighbourhoods. As such, they rarely saw people with non-brown eyes. One of my kids came up to me and looked shocked as he proclaimed "MISS! You've got GREY in your eyes! eek "
They were also convinced I became "Moroccan" when I accepted Islam.

But beyond that, nothing at all. I'm laughing my head off about some of these questions xD I suppose here in the UK and in Holland nowadays there isn't *that* much ignorance.

Haha, though I remember one of our politicians wishing to ban the "Burqa" (by that they mean niqab) in public and because they couldn't get that through, he settled for wanting to "ban the wearing of the burqa (niqab) inside the home

Seriously, what the heck? But yeah people have asked whether we muslimas wear our hijabs inside :>

Mostly I get nice questions though :3  

Nennies

Majnooni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:10 pm
I got a new one today.

What is an Islam?
You mean a Muslim?
Ohhhhhh, so Islam is a Jewish thing.

rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:21 pm
Majnooni
I got a new one today.

What is an Islam?
You mean a Muslim?

rolleyes

xd  

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

GD GO TO HELL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 pm
Majnooni
I got a new one today.

What is an Islam?
You mean a Muslim?

rolleyes

haha funny
I've never been really asked anything weird.
Just the typical, Oh so you pray 5 times a day? Why?

Actually one person thought we pray all day. She was like "Omg, that must suck. You have to pray all day,right? Why aren't you praying?"

neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 pm
Monoh
Opps forgot to post my questions ^^;;

13-Do you marry family only?

WHAT? lol  

GD GO TO HELL

Nennies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:42 am
blackbird creative

haha funny
I've never been really asked anything weird.
Just the typical, Oh so you pray 5 times a day? Why?

Actually one person thought we pray all day. She was like "Omg, that must suck. You have to pray all day,right? Why aren't you praying?"

neutral

xD! Like the people who ask if we don't eat (or drink) anything for a whole month during Ramadan.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 am
Why do Muslims leave pigs out?
Do you take medication for religious reasons?
Is it a part of your religion to be lesbian? (I told a class mate I could not touch men.)
Are you white?
Are you Mormon or do you have cancer?
Are Muslims vegetarian?
Can Muslims eat beef?

light upon light

Chatterbox/charity

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items