Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply General
Opinions anyone ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iMrEpic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:25 am
User Image

~ Firvulag ~

On internet relationships.

Yes Im in one, and shes beautiful =)

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 am
No clue.....

ShatteredDriplets

Tipsy Lover

11,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Streaker 200

Kadaveret

6,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:33 am
i dont belive in serious internet relationships, its not like you REALLY know her/him, not how they look, not how they are, not how they sound, and more.
im just saying that in my opinion u cant know someone truly through a computer.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:05 pm
How might I

Internet relationships are VERY high risk. I say this for multiple reasons.
1. You have no clue who is behind the screen. Even if she sends you a picture, it could very well be of someone else. In fact, you could be "dating" a 40 year old male *****. You cannot love someone whom you have never met. It does not work. Sure, you may be "in love" with who they are online, but people are very different online. And until you have met someone in person*, you cannot know all of the little mannerisms that make her who she is.
3. There is a lot of danger involved. When entering an internet relationship, you often end up giving out personal information that can be used to identify who you are. This information, when in the wrong hands, can result in dangerous situations, even potential kidnapping.

Now, I think internet dating is silly. I think that saying "I love you" to someone who you have only encountered by virtual means diminishes the meaning of the words and makes them less special. But these are my opinions, and you are entitled to your own.
You have chosen to get involved in a relationship over the internet. I think it unwise, but it is your decision. I do not think of you as stupid, or foolish, in any way. And I do hope it works out for you, and you have a rare relationship that makes it beyond the internet. Best of wishes.

be of assistance?

*WARNING: I do not condone the act of meeting someone in person whom you encountered on the internet. I am in no way liable for any misfortune that may befall you, including but not limited to: abuse, rape, kidnapping, harassment, stalking, bodily harm, mental harm, pain and suffering, theft, death, or any other event not listed above.  

darkdoom227

godgift

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:01 am
online is the only dating i do  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:35 am
Just becareful for reasons already listed by Darkdoom227  

Anubisbubble

Desirable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100